so i had to block http://static.ak.fbcdn.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i had to block http://static.ak.fbcdn.net

everytime i went to my fantasy baseball team on yahoo it kept trying to load it, slowing down my computer. after some quick research i found out it was facebook. ..i don't belong to facebook and never went there before.

and to tell you the truth, this is the exact same problem that made me buy a new computer 3 years ago. so i just went into my IE 8 ->security ->resticted sites options and added it and wala, it stopped trying to load.

i have to say i've been impressed with microsofts vista and internet explorer security. (although i can't play my older games on vista) but in the 3-4 years i have this $400 computer i've had no virus protection, just the firewall with protected mode and malware protection, and i've never updated anything. and i've never been hosed.

that static.ak.fbcdn.net facebook crap is evil. ****ing yahoo.

Are you self taught on computers?

I am so afraid that if I start messing around I will knock something out that I need.

I also fear that I cannot get back to square one when clicking on different functions. One time I accidently hid something that I needed and could not figure out how to unhide it. Rebooting did not work. Finally I called our "guy" at work and he walked me through recovery. I still do not know how I messed it up in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Are you self taught on computers?

I am so afraid that if I start messing around I will knock something out that I need.

I also fear that I cannot get back to square one when clicking on different functions. One time I accidently hid something that I needed and could not figure out how to unhide it. Rebooting did not work. Finally I called our "guy" at work and he walked me through recovery. I still do not know how I messed it up in the first place.
      self taught and i also went to school for it. athough that wasn't a smart move. i went to one of those ITT places for 'computer electronics', when i should've gone for HVAC.

things are different nowadays tho. they make it much easier. as long as you have a backup CD there's really not much that can happen to you that can't be easily fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        self taught and i also went to school for it. athough that wasn't a smart move. i went to one of those ITT places for 'computer electronics', when i should've gone for HVAC.

things are different nowadays tho. they make it much easier. as long as you have a backup CD there's really not much that can happen to you that can't be easily fixed.
        My laptop was provided by my work place. I have no back up CD (they probably do).

I am not sure what I would do with it if I had one?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          My laptop was provided by my work place. I have no back up CD (they probably do).

I am not sure what I would do with it if I had one?
          since it's from work touch nothing except what you're supposed to. even putting in you're password wrong 3 times will make you have to be on the phone with someone frome India for hours.

Comment

so i start getting this spyware program that says 'warning antivirus 2012 has detected blah blah' on my computer. my bad i went to some places i shouldn't. so i install the comcast CG or complete protection thing. then when installing the thing ****s me over. yet task manger doesn't let me stop it. i have to task manager all process. which works and the nag screen goes away. and i unistall.

so i install the free norton suite from comcast without their ****ty add-on. and i do a bunch of crap, and im happy.

next thing i know, i want to call in sick tonite and suddenly majic doesn't work. which is my only ****ing phone. so of course i have to unistall nortons now. then suddenly magic jacks works. ... and it wasn't some firewalls ****. it was comcast trying to make majicjack not work so i would have to get phone service from them.

too bad i really wanted that free norton antivirus.

pretty slick **** going on between nortons and comcast blocking magicjack.

Comment

listen the major virus writers are the ones also selling you their antivirus.

thats how it works. thats how it's always worked.

Comment

any help tells me how to get magicjack to work with comcasts norton security suit. i don't think there is a way. and it's intentional from both of them. which is why i don't use antivirus.

Comment

Working...
                X