burger king to go pork and egg cage free by 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burger king to go pork and egg cage free by 2017

The movement by U.S. food corporations toward more humane treatment of animals experienced a whopper of a shift Wednesday when Burger King announced that all of its eggs and pork will come from cage-free chickens and pigs by 2017.

i won't lie when i say i stopped eating egg mcmuffins earlier this year after seeing a video. and the video wasn't even that bad. i never thought i'd have a reason to switch to burger king... but i can support them while they do this. fast food is already tasty and cheap enough. but if you give me an additonal reason to switch brands, i'll take it.

I really do not know what you are talking about (I didn't open the link). Just like I do not read what goes into hotdogs.

I prefer Burger King burgers to McD's. When it comes to breakfast; McD's is the hands down winner. Burger King has nothing that comes close. I have tried it different times on and off over the years and it is just a big salt lick. Unless I read that they change something major I won't be stopping there for breakfast again.

Comment

Too much raw onion in BK burgers ... and it's probably just my bad luck, but the bread never seems the freshest. Whopper's are not nice unless they are just freshly made.

Comment

So the chickens and pigs aren't in cages, they're crammed in a massive warehouse.

I worked @ BK for 2 years as a teenager. JA is dead on - if it isn't fresh it has been sitting in a steamer which sogs the bun. And if I eat something from BK that has onions I always request light onion.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          http://finance.yahoo.com/news/burger...130714888.html

i won't lie when i say i stopped eating egg mcmuffins earlier this year after seeing a video. and the video wasn't even that bad. i never thought i'd have a reason to switch to burger king... but i can support them while they do this. fast food is already tasty and cheap enough. but if you give me an additonal reason to switch brands, i'll take it.
          I disagree with the tasty and cheap - taste and beauty is always in the eye of the beholder so it's all objective anyway - road kill is cheap but I wouldn't eat it.

I do applaud those who at least recognize and apply standards to their consumption of so called fast food.....I unconditionally support this standard as I believe it's a great "first step"

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
            So the chickens and pigs aren't in cages, they're crammed in a massive warehouse.

I worked @ BK for 2 years as a teenager. JA is dead on - if it isn't fresh it has been sitting in a steamer which sogs the bun. And if I eat something from BK that has onions I always request light onion.
            I don't know how many Whopper's I've had stuck to the bottom of the box ... I got fed up complaining and stopped going there.

Also ... they use the ends of the onion after it's been sliced down rather than throwing them away. Nothing worse than a mouthful of flat onion end.

Comment

Working...
            X