• Show
Clear All

• If I wanted America to fail

Hahahahaha ... that's brilliant.

Comment

LOL...I love the music.

Comment

doesn't he do the BP commercials too?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          "The free market created the middle class." LOL, wut?

Krugman --- PhD, Nobel Prize for Economics, Professor at Princeton
          Krugman is as partisan as they come. Read his comments about the unemployment drop under Reagan (the reason the rate dropped is that there were no more jobs to be lost). Read his comments about the unemployment drop under Obama. Brilliant mind, but he slants his conclusions to fit his narrative.

Comment

Now wait a minute... if everything Paul Krugman says about economics is indisputably correct because he has won an Economics Nobel Prize, and Milton Friedman has also won an Economics Nobel Prize, then... ummm... then... ummm... then... ummm...

LMAO
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

If I wanted america to fail, I'd make sure that climate change increased so that that Canada and Siberia became the agricultural heartland, replacing the great plains.
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Hmm, never said that at all, Sheep. Just juxtaposing Krugman's credentials with random guy from "I Love The Free Market" website.

Krugman is a free market Keynesian and not some partisan rube. He'll blast Obama just as quickly as he'll blast Reagan (whom he worked for) for supply side economics ideas.

After the spectacular failure of the free market in the Great Recession I would have thought that Friedman and his ilk would have lost followers in droves. Not so much, it would seem. We witnessed first hand why neo-liberalism is a failed ideology and many still choose to ignore it.

Friedman, as a free market Keynesian, argues that the free market should be allowed to operate (he's against subsidies for ethanol, against rent control, against living wage mandates) only insofar as the government can correct for market failures and ensure stability. He's for a smart and well-functioning government working in tandem with a smart and well-functioning free market, with the government there to control for market externalities. I cannot imagine a more common sense approach than that.
                This is true.

Comment

Working...
                X