Nets trade for Deron Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets trade for Deron Williams

They give up Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and draft picks.

14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
    They give up Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and draft picks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6150419
    He must have been some kind of cancer in Utah for them to make this deal. He's a better fit for the Nets than 'Melo would have been tough...a part you can build around.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      He must have been some kind of cancer in Utah for them to make this deal. He's a better fit for the Nets than 'Melo would have been tough...a part you can build around.
      Yeah, wow. That really came out of nowhere. Deron Williams is in the conversation with Paul, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook and Wall as the young(ish) point guard to build a team around. When you factor in track record of performance, consistency, strength and durability, you can make an argument that he's the safest bet of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        Yeah, wow. That really came out of nowhere. Deron Williams is in the conversation with Paul, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook and Wall as the young(ish) point guard to build a team around. When you factor in track record of performance, consistency, strength and durability, you can make an argument that he's the safest bet of the bunch.
        Just wondering why you think Rondo isn't a safe bet? I think he's the best of the bunch even without an outside shot (which is improving). He's an absolute joy to watch.

Great trade for the Nets, btw.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Hard to believe the Jazz made a deal like this. Deron must have really pissed off somebody in Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            Just wondering why you think Rondo isn't a safe bet? I think he's the best of the bunch even without an outside shot (which is improving). He's an absolute joy to watch.

Great trade for the Nets, btw.
            I think Rondo is the better floor general, but he's a huge offensive liability late, not just because of the lack of an outside shot, but also because he's so brutal from the line.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              I think Rondo is the better floor general, but he's a huge offensive liability late, not just because of the lack of an outside shot, but also because he's so brutal from the line.
              Yeah, I can see that. He's getting better and I believe at some point soon he'll have that problem fixed (at least the free throws) and he'll be unstoppable.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Is Daron Williams a free agent after '11? 'Cause it sounds like he's unhappy with being shipped to NJ.

The Nets also made a second trade, shipping Troy Murphy to GS for Dan Gadzuric & Brandan Wright.

Comment

Williams free agent after 2012, GM Billy King claims he's "excited" - we'll see.

"Get in the door" price at Madison Square Garden tonight for 'melo debut, per stubhub - $120.

Same for Williams' debut at Prudential Center in Newark Monday - price has tripled since the deal was announced.
                  Was $2, by late this afternoon was $6. Those are for $20 face value tix, but they were moving so the minimum price may hit double digits by the weekend.

(Nets are playing the first of two lame duck seasons in Newark, before move again, to Brooklyn).
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Is Daron Williams a free agent after '11? 'Cause it sounds like he's unhappy with being shipped to NJ.

The Nets also made a second trade, shipping Troy Murphy to GS for Dan Gadzuric & Brandan Wright.
                    I would be unhappy, too. At least in the short term. He's been traded from a playoff team to a lottery team, and it happened because he's being blamed for Jerry Sloan's resignation. The question is whether Prokhorov, Billy King and Avery Johnson can, over the next year and a half, convince him that his financial security and professional happiness will be well served by being the face of a rising franchise as it moves into Brooklyn. The Nets still have plenty of cap room to put some more quality around him. I think if they can show steady improvement through next season under D-Will and can snare another marquee scorer on the wing and a strong defensive presence down low, he'll see a nice long-term career opportunity in Brooklyn.

Comment

Working...
                    X