Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Wainwright: uh-oh?

From rotoworld:

Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak said Wednesday that Adam Wainwright is going back to St. Louis to have the ligament in his right elbow examined.
    And it doesn't sound good. Mozeliak told reporters that he believes it is "a significant injury." Wainwright missed his final start last season with discomfort in the very same area, so there's obvious reason for concern

Was going to post this in the ST thread but if this is a big deal it probably warrants its own thread. Between this and the Pujols mess, the year isn't starting out well for the Cards.

Look for Lance Lynn to make the rotation is something is serious

Comment

How did this not come up sooner? Did he not pick up a ball between October and now?
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        How did this not come up sooner? Did he not pick up a ball between October and now?
        From the article:

Last summer, he missed his final start of last season due to discomfort in the joint. A checkup in November, however, assured him and the Cardinals of the joint's stability and structure, and even a few weeks ago, as spring training started, Wainwright insisted that he wasn't concerned about the joint.

So even though it bothered him last season, apparently it was OK all off-season. And now it starts bothering him.

I'm already seeing speculation that the Cards may dump Carpenter on the Yankees and punt, but I can't imagine that would make Albert too happy. Then again, without Carp and Wainwright, they'd have more money for him.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          From the article:

Last summer, he missed his final start of last season due to discomfort in the joint. A checkup in November, however, assured him and the Cardinals of the joint's stability and structure, and even a few weeks ago, as spring training started, Wainwright insisted that he wasn't concerned about the joint.

So even though it bothered him last season, apparently it was OK all off-season. And now it starts bothering him.

I'm already seeing speculation that the Cards may dump Carpenter on the Yankees and punt, but I can't imagine that would make Albert too happy. Then again, without Carp and Wainwright, they'd have more money for him.
          If the Cardinals cant sign Pujols anyway, who cares if he is happy?
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

wow. Huge news. Can the cardinals contend without him. If not, send Carpenter to NY.

Comment

Adam Wainwright, say hello to Tommy John:

Cardinals officials believe Adam Wainwright will likely need Tommy John surgery.
              What a shame. We won't know anything definitive until later today, but baseball could be without one of the game's best pitchers for at least the next year. Wainwright, 29, has finished in the top three of the NL Cy Young balloting in each of the past two seasons. The Cardinals will find it very hard to stay in contention without him.
              Source: Joe Strauss on Twitter Feb 23, 9:39 AM

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil Empire View Post
                wow. Huge news. Can the cardinals contend without him. If not, send Carpenter to NY.
                Ready to give up Jesus Montero? Because that would probably be the starting point to get Carpenter..and the price would likely be steeper than that.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

A blogger nailed it over a month ago - nobody noticed

Comment

I was alerted 1 month ago from a Cardinals fan here at work about Wainwright. Still this is a shock.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

yea. Even though theyre a direct opponent of the Reds, I feel bad for the Cards. The Pujols thing is going to be a headache all year and now this. Bad start for St Louie

Comment

While the early Kevin Millwood rumors have been shot down, it is a move that makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                          I was alerted 1 month ago from a Cardinals fan here at work about Wainwright. Still this is a shock.
                          Thanks for telling us so I could have traded him.

This one hurts.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            A blogger nailed it over a month ago - nobody noticed

http://bit.ly/hws0BW
                            I saw this give and take during the ESPN Rankings Summit back in January, sorry I guess I should have taken it more seriously and mentioned it:

Nate Ravitz: Stephania Bell expressing some concern about Adam Wainwright's elbow.
                            Nate Ravitz: Jason Grey following up with his mechanics have been a concern with scouts for a long time, but he seems to have overcome it.
                            Nate Ravitz: I just asked Stephania to rank Wainwright's risk on a 1-10 scale, with a 1 being Roy Halladay and a 10 being Chris Young of the Mets. She said "4 or 5".

Comment

Originally posted by Goalie View Post
                              I saw this give and take during the ESPN Rankings Summit back in January, sorry I guess I should have taken it more seriously and mentioned it:

Nate Ravitz: Stephania Bell expressing some concern about Adam Wainwright's elbow.
                              Nate Ravitz: Jason Grey following up with his mechanics have been a concern with scouts for a long time, but he seems to have overcome it.
                              Nate Ravitz: I just asked Stephania to rank Wainwright's risk on a 1-10 scale, with a 1 being Roy Halladay and a 10 being Chris Young of the Mets. She said "4 or 5".
                              Stephania sounds hot

Comment

Working...
                              X