2011 AL WEST DIVISION - ODDS TO WIN
    LOS ANGELES ANGELES +200
    OAKLAND AS+240
    SEATTLE MARINERS+1000
    TEXAS RANGERS +120

where did you get this from?

Anyway I'll take the Padres at 12-1.

Comment

I like TB at 800 and/or Brewers at 350. They might not win but their odds are too high. Long term you could win betting teams like this but this is the short term.

Comment

I might put $50 on The Orioles. (wearing orange colored glasses ) but "why not" (shades of 89') pretty nice pay day if it happened.

Comment

I played the Brewers to win the division so far .

Comment

The Cardinals are even money? Thats crazy.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

+800 Tampa would be badass and put the the Red Sox and Yankees in their place. MJ would be in all his glory.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

don't know where you got these odds, but these aren't Vegas numbers. At least not the MGM books.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I think the Orioles are a decent longshot play. A lot has to go right, but at that price you can toss away a modest amount and maybe get lucky.

Not a bad number on the Pirates, who have some talent, and you don't have to make much of a play to have a shot at a big return.

Weird stuff happens in modern MLB.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I like Arizona in a fairly weak division...they have enough talent in the field to win, if the starters hold up, they can pull it out.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      I like Arizona in a fairly weak division...they have enough talent in the field to win, if the starters hold up, they can pull it out.
                      2 90 win teams, the WS Champions plus the Rockies and Dodgers is a 'weak' division?

Ok

I'd be surprised if the Snakes finish higher than 4th.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        2 90 win teams, the WS Champions plus the Rockies and Dodgers is a 'weak' division?

Ok

I'd be surprised if the Snakes finish higher than 4th.
                        The only reason that you have 2 90 win teams is that they get to play each other in that weak-ass division. On a serious note, every team in that division has serious warts...

Sure, Arizona will probably finish 4th, but at 12-1, that's as decent a bet as there is on the board, IMO.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

heh, the Padres were only 4 games above .500 vs the NL West at 38-34, but they went 52-38 in the rest of their games.

The Giants only 5 games over .500.

Both teams apparently made their 90+ games by beating the 'other' weak divisions in the NL

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            heh, the Padres were only 4 games above .500 vs the NL West at 38-34, but they went 52-38 in the rest of their games.

The Giants only 5 games over .500.

Both teams apparently made their 90+ games by beating the 'other' weak divisions in the NL
                            Well hell, that's the Padres...who pays any attention to them?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Well hell, that's the Padres...who pays any attention to them?
                              nobody-- thank god

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X