Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Tim Tebow

Sounds like Tebow is looking less than Tebowlicious these days in Denver:

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi calls Tim Tebow "a man without much support in Denver" now that Josh McDaniels is gone.
    Most members of the pre-Elway regime in Denver are "looking to distance themselves from" the decision to draft Tebow last season. Lombardi calls quarterback "a huge need" and suggests game-manager Kyle Orton could remain the starter for another season. It's hard to believe the new regime has already turned the page on Tebow after his promising play in three late-season starts, but Lombardi is a trustworthy source. Tebow can no longer be considered a no-brainer as the future in Denver, much less the 2011 starter.
    Source: NFL.com Feb 22, 1:35 PM

His mechanics are dreadful, which makes his release slow and his accuracy poor. He can fix it, with enough work. But you are talking about not playing him at all for a year at least, because they will have to get him to unlearn some long term habits. Plus he needs work on all the things young QBs need to learn, none of which he got in college.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Couple of things

1- Orton is officially On The Block.....

2- Tebow is so hard not to root for http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/featu...ory?id=6739154
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Unless the Broncos are in the mix for Kolb, I think Lombardi's wayyyyy off. As Hammer noted, Orton is clearly on the block; that means someone in Denver is either committing to Tebow or going to get a front-line QB in free agency or another deal.

It's possible the Broncos think McNabb is still a front-line QB, I suppose. I don't think they're that stupid, but maybe so.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Unless the Broncos are in the mix for Kolb, I think Lombardi's wayyyyy off. As Hammer noted, Orton is clearly on the block; that means someone in Denver is either committing to Tebow or going to get a front-line QB in free agency or another deal.

It's possible the Broncos think McNabb is still a front-line QB, I suppose. I don't think they're that stupid, but maybe so.
          That Lombardi quote/article was from February.

Comment

Tebow : 2011 :: Michael Vick : 2001
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I can't imagine Tebow being a starter for the Broncos this season, unless they completely fall out of it. He's clearly looking like the 3rd stringer. If Orton were to be dealt at this stage, it's possible Brady Quinn takes the reins. Sportsline:

News: Tim Tebow didn't get a single snap with the first-team offense on Monday, just days after struggling with them in practice. In fact, he didn't even take all of the reps with the second-string offense -- he shared them with Brady Quinn. The Denver Post reports that Tebow has improved with his passing since camp opened but is still far from taking over the starting job from Kyle Orton -- assuming Orton remains with the team.

Comment

Tebow is on the sidelines until Orton gets injured or Orton completely implodes.

Comment

CBS' Mike Freeman blogs that Tebow is quickly becoming a man without a castle: other team's interest in him has dwindled; the Broncos may not believe he has an NFL-caliber arm; it's possible he may be eventually moved to fullback; or the Broncos may simply release him.

Comment

Jesus Christ Claims Tim Tebow Not Ready To Be NFL Starter

DENVER—Jesus Christ, noted Son of God and football analyst proclaimed Monday that second-year Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow lacks the pocket presence, arm strength, and passing accuracy necessary to be a starter in the NFL. “Tim’s place is at the right hand of the other backups on the bench, and his earthly works show that he deserves to dwell there all the days of his life,” said Lord and Savior of all mankind, adding, ““It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for Tim Tebow to complete a pass against the Cover-2”. “For Tebow must have faith in coach Fox’s plan, and pay his dues by wearing the headset, and by calling in plays from the clipboard while watching from the sidelines.” Christ also asked Tebow to stop praying to Him and asking to be made the number one quarterback in the depth chart, claiming “that’s never going to ****ing happen.”

Comment

if you're a Tebow fan, this doesn't sound good:

Some members of the Broncos organization tell Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports that Tim Tebow is the fourth-best QB in training camp.

"If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy," one source said. "Kyle [Orton] is far and away the best, and Tebow's way behind [Brady] Quinn, too. And I'm telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now." Added another Broncos exec, "Forget about how [Tebow] delivers the ball, or how accurate it is. First he has to know where to go with it." Team officials are now relieved that the Dolphins opted against meeting Denver's third-round asking price on Orton. Tebow was always expected to be a developmental project, but this year's camp has been a blow to his long-term outlook.
                      Source: Yahoo! Sports Aug 23 - 3:43 PM

Comment

For whatever it's worth, Boomer Esiason says Tebow won't be able to cut it in the NFL, and doesn't understand what Josh McDaniels saw in him.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Its worth about as much as Merril Hoges comments, zero.
                          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            For whatever it's worth, Boomer Esiason says Tebow won't be able to cut it in the NFL, and doesn't understand what Josh McDaniels saw in him.
                            I think he'll be able to cut it in the NFL - just not as a QB.

Comment

"He can't play. He can't throw," said Esiason. "... Just because he's God-fearing, and a great person off the field, and was a winner with the team that had the best athletes in college football, doesn't mean his game is going to translate to the NFL. What Josh McDaniels saw in him God only knows. Maybe God does know — because the rest of us don't."

ouch

Comment

Working...
                              X