• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Prime-Instant Movies too

Does anyone do this?

Link

Ways to Watch
    Last edited by schlesinj; 02-22-2011, 12:07 PM.

Has it started yet? Netflix gets their first real competition....
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Has it started yet? Netflix gets their first real competition....
      Right, it seems like the price is similar to the $8 Netflixs and you get a benefit in shipping. I am sure the movie selection is not a good as Netflix instant watch.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        Right, it seems like the price is similar to the $8 Netflixs and you get a benefit in shipping. I am sure the movie selection is not a good as Netflix instant watch.
        Which I don't find to be all that great. Though it has to get better soon because I hear soon it will be the only way to use Netflix, no more DVD's through the mail.
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
          Which I don't find to be all that great. Though it has to get better soon because I hear soon it will be the only way to use Netflix, no more DVD's through the mail.
          Not soon, but eventually.

Comment

Well, if this thread doesn't draw out Papa Deuce, nothing will...
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Amazon Prime on its own kicks ass. Free two day shipping , $3.99 next day and no taxes. Only thing on the streaming is it appears the only stream on the roku right now. We have a 360,PS3,Wii and Apple TV2 so I think my wife would hassle me if I added another.

Comment

it totally makes sense for Amazon to enter the movie viewing space. I think Netflix, Amazon & Apple will duke it out over the next few years for supremacy, but it will all amount to distribution. Would people want to pay $79 upfront for movies -- meaning they have to commit to a full year -- or $7.99/month and be able to opt out at any time?

It's a good shot over the Netflix bow, but Amazon has a ways to go to compete here.

Comment

Originally posted by HellToupee View Post
                  Only thing on the streaming is it appears the only stream on the roku right now.
                  Google TV and the newer Tivos, too.

Comment

Two months after riling customers with a big price hike, Netflix (NFLX) has upset them again by announcing it plans to split off and rename its DVD business.

The new changes disclosed Sunday night mean that customers who subscribe to both Net-flix's streaming video and its DVD service, now called Qwikster, will soon have to log on to separate websites and will get separate bills for the two services. The websites will also have separate systems for rating movies.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I think Papa Deuce outta sell his stock in Netflix real fast.

I'm pretty annoyed by this change too.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Stock was over 300 just 2 months ago and is currently trading in the 130's. Ouch
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

lately netflix is like a how to guide about making all the wrong decisions.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                          X