Help with possible keepers please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with possible keepers please

I am taking over an existing team and don't have too much experience. I have been doing alot of research though. I understand I have to try to figure out inflation too but I have some good value as I can see and have to determine how much to resign them for and for how long. I can keep them at same price for this year or add $5 per year for as many years as I like.

12 team mixed 5x5 std roto 260 cap 7-15 keepers

current salary

C M. Montero $1
    1b Dunn $17
    1b A. Gonzalez $20
    1b Pujols $45 (big one do I keep him this year and next for $50)
    OF Bourne $2
    OF Choo $5
    Span $1

Pitchers

M. Cain $7
    C. Carpenter $7
    D. Price $8
    Kou $5

Will prob keep Koji at $5 Beckham at $1 and Tejada at $3 but not increase salary

Thanks

Originally posted by deaccat View Post
    I am taking over an existing team and don't have too much experience. I have been doing alot of research though. I understand I have to try to figure out inflation too but I have some good value as I can see and have to determine how much to resign them for and for how long. I can keep them at same price for this year or add $5 per year for as many years as I like.

12 team mixed 5x5 std roto 260 cap 7-15 keepers

current salary

C M. Montero $1
    1b Dunn $17
    1b A. Gonzalez $20
    1b Pujols $45 (big one do I keep him this year and next for $50)
    OF Bourne $2
    OF Choo $5
    Span $1

Pitchers

M. Cain $7
    C. Carpenter $7
    D. Price $8
    Kou $5

Will prob keep Koji at $5 Beckham at $1 and Tejada at $3 but not increase salary

Thanks
    I like the keepers that you have, and I'd definitely extend Pujols to 50. And you certainly should keep Koji and Beckham...Tejada is OK at that price.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

If it were my team I would be giving a raise to Gonzales, Pujols, Cain, Price, and Carpenter. Great for this year, good base for next year, still have plenty of money to spend.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I actually was wrong, I can only keep up to 12 guys. I'm thinking drop Tejada and Beckham?

How long would you extend the other guys for?

Comment

In a 12 team mixed league, and without knowing the other keepers, I'm not sure I keep Beckham. I think you might be able to get him back for $1 or someone better.

What I would think about doing is trading Dunn. With Albert and Adrian already in place, you'd be putting one of them at DH. I think you should trade him and try to get a top MI or P.

Personally, I think the only one I would extend is Choo. He is well under priced in a 12 team mixed league. Others may extend some of the pitchers, but I generally just don't like giving contracts to pitchers.

I would keep Koji and Tejada in addition to your first 11, but I would also drop Kuo.

Just my 0.02.

Comment

I wouldn't keep Koji and Kuo at $5 each... in a shallow mixed you can find those guys on the FA list. I would keep only one of them. I like Kuo slightly better but either is fine. I guess Gregg is less stable than Broxton? But I trust Kuo's elite ratios more.

I am with Luckyheel in that I'd extend Choo and none of the pitchers ... but I'd also think about extending Gonzalez. Trading Dunn is a good idea.

I don't think you can do much better than Beckham for $1. I keep him.

So for me I would have

C M. Montero $1
            1b Dunn $17
            2B Beckham $1
            CI A. Gonzalez $20 (maybe +1 year?)
            UT Pujols $45 + 1 year to $50
            OF Bourne $2
            OF Choo $5 + 1 year to $10
            OF Span $1

Pitchers
            M. Cain $7
            C. Carpenter $7
            D. Price $8
            Kou $5

Toss back> Tejada and Koji

Comment

Thanks so much guys for your help. The team I am taking over won the league last year so I don't want to screw it up. I have spent hours the past two days evaluating and now I am looking at probable inflation as I am predicting the rest of the leagues keepers.

Here is I guess where I am looking at it wrong. Seems you guys are not to big on giving lots of extensions. I was thinking (not as much with the pitchers) that it made sense to extend guys 1-2 yrs if thier salary would still be at least $5 below thier inflation value.

I am not done figuring out inflation #'s but this is what i was thinking of how it is done ( and I very well may be wrong as I have no experience with deciding keepers only played once before and didn't do the keeper thing)

guys like Montero for $6 (2yrs) inflation value atleast $15 gives me a $9 value for 2 yrs. Where as if I throw him back after this year I will have to pay the full $15 to get that type of production

even Span and Bourn at $6 and $7 for 2 yrs where the value is $12

Is 3 yrs to long of an extension? 3 yrs for Choo at $15 is still atleast $10 below is inflation value

Hesitant for pitchers bc of injuries but was still thinking 2 yrs at $12 for Cain who is worth $25 inflated

maybe all I am thinking is too risky bc of injuries and worried too much I won't find replacements at similar $ if I toss them back too early

Thanks again for any help

Comment

Working...
              X