Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough keeper decsions

12 team mixed, 5x5 with OBA & SLUG replacing BA & HR

Even though I ran away with the title last year I still have an abundance of keepers. I've tried offering 2-for-1 deals but no one is biting. Here are my options. A means I can have him for 2 more years, B means 1 more year.

I'm definitely planning to keep the following:

1B Konerko 3A
    2B Uggla 14B
    MI K Johnson 1A
    OF Crawford 25B
    OF Werth 14B
    P Latos 10A

My final 2 spots have to come from the following:

P Cahill 5A
    P CJ Wilson 1A
    P Kuroda 1A
    P Wandy 1B

TIA
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Agree with the idea that Latos might not be better than the $1 guys. I would probably toss him and keep CJ, Wandy and Kuroda.

Comment

I really like Latos, but I'm with joncarlos on this - I'd keep CJ, Wandy and Kuroda and the extra 9 bucks.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Put me with the crowd.

Comment

You can pick on any of the $1 guys, but the chances one of them earns $15 is good, while the chances that Latos wins $22 is minimal. My only hesitation is whether you can afford the roster space.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Well this is a great example of why I love RJ. I had in my head that Latos was much better than the rest and thus my best option.

I actually have a guy who wants Latso and he has Choo (10B) so hopefully I can swing that deal. Another deal that could happen is Wilson for Prado (5A). I like both of these deals but then that leaves me with very little pitching going in...but all of the top Ps are available, and I have topper rights on Felix and Wainwright.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Well this is a great example of why I love RJ. I had in my head that Latos was much better than the rest and thus my best option.

I actually have a guy who wants Latso and he has Choo (10B) so hopefully I can swing that deal. Another deal that could happen is Wilson for Prado (5A). I like both of these deals but then that leaves me with very little pitching going in...but all of the top Ps are available, and I have topper rights on Felix and Wainwright.
              Honestly I'd do both of those deals, given that you have replacements for CJ.

Comment

So I traded Latos & Cahill for Choo (woo), but not sure this made my decision any easier.

1B Konerko 3A
                2B Uggla 14B
                MI K Johnson 1A
                OF Crawford 25B
                OF Werth 14B
                OF Choo 10B

P CJ Wilson 1A
                P Kuroda 1A
                P Wandy 1B

ElD said Kuroda & Wandy from these 3, anyone else? Part of me wants to keep all 3 and throw a hitter back, but not sure who it would be...Uggla?
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  So I traded Latos & Cahill for Choo (woo), but not sure this made my decision any easier.

1B Konerko 3A
                  2B Uggla 14B
                  MI K Johnson 1A
                  OF Crawford 25B
                  OF Werth 14B
                  OF Choo 10B

P CJ Wilson 1A
                  P Kuroda 1A
                  P Wandy 1B

ElD said Kuroda & Wandy from these 3, anyone else? Part of me wants to keep all 3 and throw a hitter back, but not sure who it would be...Uggla?
                  Yes, I think the smart play would be to keep those three pitchers and drop Uggla. There is more profit in any of the three pitchers than in Uggla.

Comment

Let's not be blinded by the fact that you have a bunch of cheap keepers. That is good for you. There is more to it than just the straight profit.

Uggla at $14 is a fantastic price, more valuable and harder to replace than all three of those pitchers. All the pitchers are around 13 -15 bucks, but Wandy could be as low as 10. Uggla should be worth 25-30. If you really need to trade one of Kelly Johnson or Dan Uggla during the season you will get more than if you need to trade one of these pitchers.

if you really are set on keeping all three pitchers, Werth is the one to cut. And I wouldn't do that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Let's not be blinded by the fact that you have a bunch of cheap keepers. That is good for you. There is more to it than just the straight profit.

Uggla at $14 is a fantastic price, more valuable and harder to replace than all three of those pitchers. All the pitchers are around 13 -15 bucks, but Wandy could be as low as 10. Uggla should be worth 25-30. If you really need to trade one of Kelly Johnson or Dan Uggla during the season you will get more than if you need to trade one of these pitchers.

if you really are set on keeping all three pitchers, Werth is the one to cut. And I wouldn't do that either.
                      So which of the 3 would you cut, Wandy? I see him as the most valuable of the 3 for next year (of course I could keep the other 2 in 2012 as well), but he could go for the least amount...IF no one was paying attention to his 2nd half, but I'm sure at least one other owner was. In terms of who I could get back the cheapest of the 3, it would probably be Kuroda.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

I believe Kuroda would go the cheapest of the 3.

What do you think Kuroda goes for back in auction?

Comment

I'd cut CJ before Kuroda. Park, division, and CJ was really lucky last year. Plus who knows what impact the innings spike will have (should be less since he's older and was prepared for it, and it isn't like he threw 70 innings in 09 because he was hurt)

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            I'd cut CJ before Kuroda. Park, division, and CJ was really lucky last year. Plus who knows what impact the innings spike will have (should be less since he's older and was prepared for it, and it isn't like he threw 70 innings in 09 because he was hurt)
                            Yea, I'm sort of leaning this way myself. I like Wandy the best of the 3 for next year but the nice thing about Wilson and Kuroda is I'd have them for 2 more years at that price.

I've made several offers to another owner, the latest being Uggla & Wilson for Bautista (10A). I'm probably giving too much for a pretty risky player, but if I plan to cut Wilson anyways, then Bautista for $10 for 2 more years is more valuable than Uggla for 1 more year at $14.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                            X