Vintage Draft 2 Spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Draft 2 Spreadsheet

Please review for accuracy. I will try to update it as often as I can.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68883317/draft_scoring_vd2.xls
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Great effort!

Comment

Thanks for doing this!

Comment

Nicely done, LJ!
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

great job!

Some snafus I've found, but am not as much of an Excel guru to figure out how to correct:
          - the positions are not taking. I think the columns/rows may be off in the formula in the Positions tab
          - some players on the pick sheet are not showing up correctly. Not sure how to fix.

Comment

thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              great job!

Some snafus I've found, but am not as much of an Excel guru to figure out how to correct:
              - the positions are not taking. I think the columns/rows may be off in the formula in the Positions tab
              - some players on the pick sheet are not showing up correctly. Not sure how to fix.
              In the positions tab, the positions need to be updated manually. That's easy enough to do, just forgot to do it.
              In the pick sheet, I just have to adjust the search parameters.

Both easy fixes that should be updated in the next 5-10 minutes.

Comment

I noticed the 'dash' page has Robot in it so I think that needs to update too.
                Great job LJ!

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                  I noticed the 'dash' page has Robot in it so I think that needs to update too.
                  Great job LJ!
                  Thanks for the support everyone. Always nice to know the work you put in is appreciated.

Fixed the dashboard tab. Changed the team names at the top, but forgot to update the others.

Comment

Thanks LJ it - was kind of nice to draft in the dark - Now I will probably get the yips on my picks.

Comment

In the spreadsheet it looks like we are giving out 2-16 points per category for places 15 thru 1. Is that how multiplicative scoring works -- or should the spreadsheet give out 1-15 points for each category ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

No, that was a mistake that I've already corrected. OaklandA's pointed that out to me. It was an adjustment I had to make in dropping the spreadsheet from 17 drafters to 15. If you click the link now and get the latest update, it should be fixed. Let me know if you see otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                          No, that was a mistake that I've already corrected. OaklandA's pointed that out to me. It was an adjustment I had to make in dropping the spreadsheet from 17 drafters to 15. If you click the link now and get the latest update, it should be fixed. Let me know if you see otherwise.
                          Latest version looks fine, thanks
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Update:

I've added a sheet in the workbook to keep track of the Knockouts (see "KO" tab). I've also created a formula so that a player will be listed as "KO'd" in the hit_car and pit_car sheets. The KO sheet shows the player, eligible positions and eligible decades. This will allow you to see if a player selected for KO still has eligibility in a restricted decade.

Comment

Thanks LJ

Comment

Working...
                              X