• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Felix trade

Hernandez 24 last year for feliz 10 second last year

Which side?

4x4 or 5x5.

Comment

It also depends on what you need, and where you think Feliz is going to go, starter or closer?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

King Felix

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
          4x4 or 5x5.
          5x5...innings, not k's

starter or closer
          Assuming he is the closer

Comment

King Felix. Even if things go south I know I get something good for him before trade deadline.

Comment

Ugh. I'd rather have Feliz the closer, but who knows if that will happen? Innings are Felix' strong suit so I guess I'd take the sure thing in Felix.

Comment

You get one of the best 3 pitchers for $24 bucks. That is 0 inflation maybe 5 or 6 bucks profit. Any league inflation just adds to the value.

Comment

is Feliz a closer or starter this year?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                    is Feliz a closer or starter this year?
                    For fantasy purposes (as a $5 owner) I hope closer, but who knows right now. There have been several articles the last few days on Fangraphs related to Feliz. Check them out and maybe that helps with the decision. That said, looking at the AL SP pool, I think I may go King Felix given the the chance Feliz becomes a starter in the future. Tough one.

Comment

I keep Felix. Without a defined role for Feliz, it's too big a risk. I assume he'll end up closing but who knows.

Comment

Okay, I've done the trade and probably weaken myself for the 2011 season.

I get: nef.feliz $5/$10 (option year, undecided), wade.davis $5 (final year), desmond twotwo jennings $5 (2nd year contract in 2012), mike montgomer $10 (1st year)...both montgomery and jennings are minor league contracts and have no bearing on my active protects for the upcoming auction

I give: Felix Hernandez $24 (final year), jj hardy $12, matt joyce $2/$7 (option year, undecided), j.benoit $2 (2nd year)

No doubt Hernandez is the cream of this crop but I like the extra dollars and future speed demon jennings. Is joyce going to get 400 at bats? Can I find another middle relief pitcher to replace benoit? Is there value in Hardy at $12?

We are 5x5 using on base % and total bases instead of b.a. and hr for offense and innings, not strikeouts for pitching.

Good, bad, or indifferent?
                        Last edited by wannabegriffey; 02-28-2011, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Interesting, I wonder if Benoit is the closer for the Tigers and Feliz is a starter for the Rangers. I am rooting for him to stay as a closer as I am an owner too. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X