P90X - Anyone been through this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90X - Anyone been through this?

So, I've gotten a hold of the P90X from a friend at work.

I was wondering if anyone else here has tried it.

While it's horribly difficult, I love it!!!!

It's tough to fit it into my work schedule but I've been trying to keep up.

My energy level has went up and the weight is going down....two bonuses!!!

Hey, just my X!

Gris

I've heard it's intense. What kind of time commitment is it Gris? Can you do it from home or is gym equipment required -- if home do you need any home equipment?

Comment

I've been reading the reviews about it. Sounds good. But still not sure. Can you tell us more about the nutrition part of the program? What kinds of food? Does it stress smaller portions or eating at the same time each day? Does fast food have to be totally eliminated? Pizza?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I have one more week of freedom and then I am starting to diet and exercise again. I'm definitely interested to get your thoughts on P90X to see if that is something I might be interested in giving a try. How much gym time do you have to log, etc. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
          I've heard it's intense. What kind of time commitment is it Gris? Can you do it from home or is gym equipment required -- if home do you need any home equipment?
          If you can do it 6 nights week (which my life schedule doesn't allow), it's 1 hour each night plus an extra 15 minutes for abs every other night.

You need dumbbell weights (somewhere around 10-25 lbs each depending on how strong you are).

Also, you need a chin-up / pull-up bar. I bought for the door, it works pretty good, but they usually can only hold around 250 lbs.

It is intense.....but man it feels great.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            I've been reading the reviews about it. Sounds good. But still not sure. Can you tell us more about the nutrition part of the program? What kinds of food? Does it stress smaller portions or eating at the same time each day? Does fast food have to be totally eliminated? Pizza?
            Honestly, I'm not doing the food part....it's too difficult to keep up with. They stressed healthy eating...which is always good...but I'm not that motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by davidgrey View Post
              I have one more week of freedom and then I am starting to diet and exercise again. I'm definitely interested to get your thoughts on P90X to see if that is something I might be interested in giving a try. How much gym time do you have to log, etc. Best of luck.
              There's no gym time to log. It's all at home with your tv, dvd's and your dumbbells, pull-up bar and you.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                If you can do it 6 nights week (which my life schedule doesn't allow), it's 1 hour each night plus an extra 15 minutes for abs every other night.

You need dumbbell weights (somewhere around 10-25 lbs each depending on how strong you are).

Also, you need a chin-up / pull-up bar. I bought for the door, it works pretty good, but they usually can only hold around 250 lbs.

It is intense.....but man it feels great.
                If you don't mind me asking how long have you been at it and what has been the tangible result (aka weight loss)

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                  If you don't mind me asking how long have you been at it and what has been the tangible result (aka weight loss)
                  Honestly, only 1 week.

Tangible results? I lost a quick 5 lbs (went from 204 to 199). Some of it was the program but some was stopping the bad eating habits as well.

I definitely have saw more muscle definition in the 1st week than my usual workouts used to do. I think it has to do with the "muscle confusion" aspect they promote.

I like the program because it motivates me which I fail at. I'm exhuasted at the end, but I feel great. (If that makes sense.)

Comment

Between tax season and having a wife and three daughters, I'm surprised you have any time at all.

We'll talk about this when we see each other in a few weeks. If it works for you, maybe I'll give it a shot. Well, all except the eating part. There are times when food is one of the few pleasures I have.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                      Between tax season and having a wife and three daughters, I'm surprised you have any time at all.

We'll talk about this when we see each other in a few weeks. If it works for you, maybe I'll give it a shot. Well, all except the eating part. There are times when food is one of the few pleasures I have.
                      Well, I don't watch any tv....so I work out around 8 pm every night.

Like I said, there are some nights I cant fit it in my schedule....but I just prioritize...

You know....work until 6 or 7 pm. Eat a light supper.....work on PONY league auction prep.....work out at 8pm....go to bed around 10 pm.

It's easy....

Comment

My friend does this and the dude is absolutely ripped. He recently got written up in San Diego magazine for being hottest chef in town.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          My friend does this and the dude is absolutely ripped. He recently got written up in San Diego magazine for being hottest chef in town.
                          Yeah, that's what I'm going for.....Hottest Accountant in Canton!!! :ROFL:

Comment

Working...
                          X