Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mad Men" Season 5 Thread

all things Mad Men-ish in here

I still have to watch the final episode from Season 4. Can't wait for Sunday. Fantasy auction draft and then Mad Men!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

and it's about time -- almost 18 months since last season. And since then, AMC has turned it up a notch with The Walking Dead.

Comment

I'm not sure I care about this show anymore it's been so long since the last season. I've totally forgotten about it. I guess we'll find out Sunday.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          I'm not sure I care about this show anymore it's been so long since the last season. I've totally forgotten about it. I guess we'll find out Sunday.
          Great show ... I'll have to have a recap. I preferred the first 2 seasons to season 3 that's for sure .. and I can't even remember season 4.

Comment

Mad Men Season 5 article

With the long-awaited fifth season beginning next week, Guardian writers meet the actors who play their favourite characters in the show

Comment

fantastic episode all around. There were certainly more laughs in this one than in most.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                fantastic episode all around. There were certainly more laughs in this one than in most.
                Wow, I thought it was SOOOOOOO slow. Definitely didn't need to be 2 hours by any stretch.

Comment

Too long since the last one. I kept asking my wife...they're married now?...she has a baby?

I liked the civil rights angle, but there wasn't anywhere enough drinking and smoking at work for my tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    Too long since the last one. I kept asking my wife...they're married now?...she has a baby?

I liked the civil rights angle, but there wasn't anywhere enough drinking and smoking at work for my tastes.
                    Yeah, it was so long, I had thought last season ended with the JFK assassination and so pegged this as 1964. But, I then remembered the Clay-Liston fight episode (which was in '64), so this season began on Memorial Day, 1965.

So assuming Joan's baby is somewhere between 6-10 weeks old, that means last season ended around September 1964.

Wow, I thought it was SOOOOOOO slow. Definitely didn't need to be 2 hours by any stretch.
                    Yeah, probably not, but I kinda liked the angles playing out -- the Roger/Peter dustup, the Pryce adultering angle, the party and embarrassment of Don, and the hysterical Harry Crane incident.

Comment

I enjoyed it and laughed out load a few times. Clearly, with the long hiatus they need to remind the views what is going on.

I like the bribe scene, "so is this every month"?
                      Last edited by schlesinj; 03-26-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Last night's episode was great; if you didn't like it, then not sure why you've been watching it for this long.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I always think "can I be bothered watching this weeks episode now" ... then when I do I really enjoy it. Nothing from Don's ex-wife ... is she becoming a marginalized character? And his daughter seems to be over her rebellious streak ... calm before the storm me thinks ... she'll be just the right age for the swinging 60's when they kick in). They've dealt with most things except race and civil rights (I suppose they have already gave us the 50's subservient stereotype with Don's housemaid ... and the lift attendant if I remember right). Should be a good season.

Weird seeing little Annie from Community as a mom.

Comment

Who's the father of Joan's baby?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Who's the father of Joan's baby?
                              Roger Sterling.

Comment

Working...
                              X