Trading prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading prospects

I have Mark Trumbo but I also have Fielder signed to a 6-year contract which means Trumbo won't get much PT with Prince around. First, any chance Trumbo moves to the OF with Morales at 1B? If not, I was thinking of trading Trumbo for someone like Jake McGee or Jordan Zimmerman. Do you see either of those as a strong SP in a year or two? If so, which one would you prefer? Or am I selling Trumbo short and should wait for something better? TIA
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Well the other owner is getting hung up that his players were drafted in the late 1st round/early second while mine was taken in the 4th. That seems to be his sole basis for not wanting to make a deal so it looks like the trade offer is DOA.

But since you are reading this, was it a bad offer in the first place?
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

I would much rather have McGee or Zimmerman over Trumbo. So I can see why he didn't love the offer. They have just proven more at higher levels (regardless of pedigree) ... and that's saying something since Trumbo hit 36 HRs at AAA. But I'm pretty sure *I* could hit 25 in the PCL in that park. But McGee tore up AAA with a sick K/9 and Zim has already come back and pitched relatively well in the majors post-surgery.

I am seeing now that Trumbo might move to 3B.

Comment

That would be sweet if he did move to third as I will need one after this year.
        拖裤子,
        放屁

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
          That would be sweet if he did move to third as I will need one after this year.
          Angels have no plans on moving him to 3rd base. He was drafted out of high school as a 3rd baseman, but only played there a little his first pro season. He doesn't have the range right now to take that on. The Angels are giving him time at first because of the uncertainty of Morales and he may get some time in the outfield this spring. He's going to be a tuff trade because he's has a few things going against him 1) he's playing for the Angels and there isn't a lot of room for him 2) he has no position right now and 3) his numbers are inflated because he played in Salt Lake. I would never give up a guy like McGee for him, so I don't blame the guy for passing on that deal, but if you can get an owner to give up a guy like McGee with that kind of upside, then go for it.

Comment

Well any move from 1B will help me as Fielder is locked in.
            拖裤子,
            放屁

Comment

Working...
            X