2K11 Casey Blake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11 Casey Blake

Last year's 17 hr was tied for his lowest in 8 years. He posted his second lowest ba in that same time frame. At 37 he is declining. Can we expect a bounce back on the ba?

A .270 ba with 17 hr still has value?

Good end game target? Is he worth low to mid teens in NL only leagues?

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Last year's 17 hr was tied for his lowest in 8 years. He posted his second lowest ba in that same time frame. At 37 he is declining. Can we expect a bounce back on the ba?

A .270 ba with 17 hr still has value?

IMO he's not worth that much, unless, of course, he's the last 3B or CI standing and you're desperate. That doesn't mean I wouldn't buy him at a lower price. If I get him, I have low expectations.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
      IMO he's not worth that much, unless, of course, he's the last 3B or CI standing and you're desperate. That doesn't mean I wouldn't buy him at a lower price. If I get him, I have low expectations.
      Another owner has offered him up at $13 in our NL keeper league. He is looking for reserve pick upgrades. I think 15 hr is likely. It is the BA that is of concern. If Blake can hit .270 he would be an asset. If he hits under .260 not so much.

I cannot pay much, but think he may be worth a shot.

Comment

Vets often seem to trade average for power at this stage in their career, I'd expect his avg to stay up, possibly even increase, and his power to continue to dwindle. I'm looking at > 10 but < 15 from Blake.

Comment

Another owner has offered him up at $13 in our NL keeper league. He is looking for reserve pick upgrades. I think 15 hr is likely. It is the BA that is of concern. If Blake can hit .270 he would be an asset. If he hits under .260 not so much.

I cannot pay much, but think he may be worth a shot.
          I had a chance to get Blake for almost nothing and passed after having similar thoughts as you. No reason to commit money and a roster slot to someone like him unless you are desperate for a 3B.

Comment

$13..maybe. In a 12-teamer.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              I can't imagine this experiment lasting all that long
              I suppose the optimal lineup would begin with Furcal-Loney-Kemp-Ethier, but then who hits fifth? None of the other four hitters are particularly good.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                $13..maybe. In a 12-teamer.
                I decided to take the offer of Blake at $13 for a draft upgrade. I decided that with the inflation in our league I would add him in. I was happy to see what El D posted. I also agree that it probably will not last long. But look out if he starts out hot!

Comment

Working...
                X