Another pol caught violating the rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another pol caught violating the rules

South Carolina's lieutenant governor resigns and pleads guilty to the usual kind of stuff--

Where does this guy think he is? Louisiana? Illinois?
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I think the punishment for violating the public trust, whether it be thievery on the part of politicians or police brutality, should be extremely severe. Public servants committing crimes is far, far worse than "average" citizens.
    Just goes to show we don't disagree on everything outside of fantasy baseball.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I went through the actual indictment. If I understood it correctly, he didn't take any money from the state or the public or anyone else. He gave his own money to various people who then "donated" the money to his campaign, thus giving the impression that he had much greater public support than he actually had. He falsified financial reports by saying this money came from various individuals instead of out of his own pocket. Then, to make matters worse, he took some of these campaign funds (that were actually his own money to begin with) and spent them on a vacation, a trip to Atlanta, some iPads, some clothes and other odds and ends, which is illegal. Campaign funds may be spent only for campaign purposes.

This has got to be the dumbest guy in South Carolina.

Comment

If he spends his own money on vacations and gadgets, no big deal. But he spent his own money on that stuff after filtering it through his campaign war chest. What an idiot.

What's the opposite of money laundering? Because that's what this fool appears to have done.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          What's the opposite of money laundering?
          ****ting on your money?
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
          X