C B.Lopez

Bench:

G Terry
    G Barbosa
    F Marion
    F TyThomas
    FC Okur
    FC Camby

So at least until Camby returns from surgery in three weeks, I'd be essentially replacing Wade and Batum with Terry and LeBron. I'd also be looking to pick up free agents, as I'm big money on the board. Ryan Anderson, Lou Williams, DeJuan Blair, Rudy Fernandez, JJ Redick, Kurt Thomas, Sasha Vujacic are among the better free agents right now.

How do you get these offers man?

To me, Batum is not worth enough to make this deal even; however, I don't see the benefit to your team! If you are holding CP3 and Nash, I would venture a guess that you probably do not need the 4-ish extra assists that LBJ gives you. The rebounding difference is non-existent if you include Batum (even without, it is only a 2-reb difference Wade to LBJ) You only gain negligibly in 3-pointers, but most importantly, you LOSE ground in blocks, which you probably cannot afford with the Camby injury.

In conclusion, the only reason I see for YOUR team to do this deal is if Dwyane Wade's injury history makes you really queasy....if that's not the case, you gotta keep what you have and make a move for Ryan Anderson (the only guy on that FA list that intrigues me). Anderson should help with the blocks and rebs too. I almost ran to the computer last night to add DeJuan Blair, but then Tim Duncan walked it off as I was getting up (darn).

Ty Thomas (obviously) and Memo Okur are dead weight and easy drops.

I know hoops isn't the favorite subject around here, but I'm always willing to help a fellow Hoops junkie! Just ask!
    Last edited by Pauly; 01-25-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      How do you get these offers man?

To me, Batum is not worth enough to make this deal even; however, I don't see the benefit to your team! If you are holding CP3 and Nash, I would venture a guess that you probably do not need the 4-ish extra assists that LBJ gives you. The rebounding difference is non-existent if you include Batum (even without, it is only a 2-reb difference Wade to LBJ) You only gain negligibly in 3-pointers, but most importantly, you LOSE ground in blocks, which you probably cannot afford with the Camby injury.

In conclusion, the only reason I see for YOUR team to do this deal is if Dwyane Wade's injury history makes you really queasy....if that's not the case, you gotta keep what you have and make a move for Ryan Anderson (the only guy on that FA list that intrigues me). Anderson should help with the blocks and rebs too. I almost ran to the computer last night to add DeJuan Blair, but then Tim Duncan walked it off as I was getting up (darn).

Ty Thomas (obviously) and Memo Okur are dead weight and easy drops.

I know hoops isn't the favorite subject around here, but I'm always willing to help a fellow Hoops junkie! Just ask!
      Good points. It's hard for me to turn down a net positive trade based on specific team needs, but my thinking was this. My guards (both starters and reserves) are a lot stronger than my forwards, and while Amir Johnson is contributing pretty well now, he may fall off when Reggie Evans returns. If I trade for LeBron, I know I've got at least three week-in, week-out contributors at F with Pierce and Odom.

Of course, Ryan Anderson could change things if he's for real. Then I could run out Pierce, Odom and whichever two from Batum, Anderson, Am.Johnson and Marion have the most favorable schedule (weekly transactions). When Camby gets back, I can also use either him or Nene at F.

Tough call for me.

Comment

one thing I would add is that Terry has been playing the role of Team Killer for more than a month now, and it doesnt look like it's getting any better. I can think of better situations than having to depend on that guy as an every-day contributor.

Comment

one thing I would add is that Terry has been playing the role of Team Killer for more than a month now, and it doesnt look like it's getting any better. I can think of better situations than having to depend on that guy as an every-day contributor.
          True dat. What if I could convince him to take Marion or Amir Johnson instead of Batum? Then Batum could be my fourth guard instead of my fourth forward. Would you make that trade?

I could run out:

G: Paul, Nash, Richardson, Batum (bench: Terry, Barbosa)
          F: James, Pierce, Odom, Ry.Anderson (bench: Johnson or Marion, Nene/Camby)
          C: B.Lopez, Nene (bench: Camby, Blair?)

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            True dat. What if I could convince him to take Marion or Amir Johnson instead of Batum? Then Batum could be my fourth guard instead of my fourth forward. Would you make that trade?

I could run out:

G: Paul, Nash, Richardson, Batum (bench: Terry, Barbosa)
            F: James, Pierce, Odom, Ry.Anderson (bench: Johnson or Marion, Nene/Camby)
            C: B.Lopez, Nene (bench: Camby, Blair?)
            That looks like a strong lineup that will lose a lot ground in blocks imo. Wade is so valuable because of that 1.5 in blocks that NEVER goes away. Where do you stand in blocks and how many can you move up or down by losing about 1 BPG is the real question to me. Is it worth it for the few extra assists that you probably dont need?

I think you just want to get your hands on LBJ, and who can blame you really. Honestly this is one of the cooler trade scenarios I have seen in a long time (hoops-wise). In a vacuum, I would do the Batum+Wade = Lebron+waiver player. Just not as sure in this situation.

But, if youo are gonna take LBJ, I would much rather give up Shawn Marion, who is half a step away from waiver material, instead of Batum, for sure
            Last edited by Pauly; 01-25-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

That looks like a strong lineup that will lose a lot ground in blocks imo. Wade is so valuable because of that 1.5 in blocks that NEVER goes away. Where do you stand in blocks and how many can you move up or down by losing about 1 BPG is the real question to me. Is it worth it for the few extra assists that you probably dont need?

I think you just want to get your hands on LBJ, and who can blame you really. Honestly this is one of the cooler trade scenarios I have seen in a long time (hoops-wise). In a vacuum, I would do the Batum+Wade = Lebron+waiver player. Just not as sure in this situation.

But, if youo are gonna take LBJ, I would much rather give up Shawn Marion, who is half a step away from waiver material, instead of Batum, for sure
              Yep, but so far he's not responded to my request for him to consider AmJohnson or Marion instead of Batum. (I told him I needed Batum's GF flex.)

Of course, after last night, I'm fighting the temptation to target Kwame Brown rather than DeJuan Blair as a replacement for Okur at my backup center slot.

As for blocks, I'm in fourth place. The block totals from 1 through 7 are: 386, 374, 340, 322 (me), 308, 293, 290.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                As for blocks, I'm in fourth place. The block totals from 1 through 7 are: 386, 374, 340, 322 (me), 308, 293, 290.
                Looks like a lot more downward mobility than you would like. I probably wouldnt do the Wade for Lebron deal on this basis.

And fight those Kwame Brown temptations, at all costs! The guy couldn't block a phone call.

Comment

Hey go drop Okur for Kendrick Perkins if you still can.

Comment

Hey go drop Okur for Kendrick Perkins if you still can.
                    Pickups are Saturday midnight. You'd put Perk ahead of Blair?

Comment

Heck I'd put Chuck Hayes ahead of Blair.

Blair is too inconsistent....just look at his last 5 games and you will know what I mean.

I am quite certain that Perk will be starting for the C's in a few weeks, and there is no way that Shaq can: A) hold him off; or B) stay healthy.
                      Last edited by Pauly; 01-26-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Heck I'd put Chuck Hayes ahead of Blair.
                        Chuck Hayes is actually owned already, as is Brad Miller. As for DeJuan, I figure the Spurs will look to give Duncan more rest as their playoff positioning becomes solidified, but hopefully I'll have Camby back by then.

Comment

I still would rather Perkins

Comment

Working...
                          X