2011 Topps baseball cards are out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps baseball cards are out!

I picked up some 2011 Topps baseball cards at Target today (the only place I go that ever has trading cards).

Lots of fun stuff:
    It’s the 60th anniversary, which is diamond, and I got a Robinson Cano card that looks like it has ‘diamond glitter’ on the front.

Also got one of the 50 cards that are replicas of an 1888 tobacco card set. They’re only about half the size of the regular cards. Player happens to be Jeter.

A “1 in 96 packs” odds come in when I got a Rickey Henderson “relic” card. There’s a small piece of a Henderson bat embedded in the card.

Then there’s a 1910 Honus Wagner replica.

And a 1983 Ozzie Smith replica card.

This is all in 4 packs plus about 50 regular cards. Very sharp regualr set imo.

I also wound up with two "cards" that allow you to go online and see which older card you won. First was a 1975 Frank White (Royals 2B, I have this card in a shoebox in the closet, but cool). Second was - a 1997 Alex Ochoa! lol
    You can collect more, and eventually they'll ship the lot to you for a few bucks.

Consider my cockles warmed!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

I wonder where I can find some in China? Also, what are those replica cards worth? Seems to me that they wouldn't be worth much.
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
      I wonder where I can find some in China?
      What, cockles? Try any good fishmonger.
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

I also wound up with two "cards" that allow you to go online and see which older card you won. First was a 1975 Frank White (Royals 2B, I have this card in a shoebox in the closet, but cool). Second was - a 1997 Alex Ochoa! lol
        Awesome! I have that card too.

Comment

I have about 15 of those now.

I swear there must be over 1000 cards in this set. I mean, I have a Nixon, Obama and Kennedy out of 10 "Opening Day First Pitches by Presidents" cards. Plus a bunch of "Lost Cards" - Topps didn't always have rights to guys like Mantle, Musial and Feller every year in the 1950s, so this year they made up a 'new' card of that year's style. There are "Spot the Error" cards, where each side looks the same except for one thing missing. And those "tobacco" cards.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
          X