Man movies that chicks would enjoy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man movies that chicks would enjoy.

After reading the selections in the other post, I realized that the selections were too womanly to get what I was looking for. Let's try it this way. List movies that you liked that your female partner also enjoyed.

Die Hard- A Christmas love story surrounded by violence, explosions with a happy ending for all girls to enjoy.

Officer and a Gentleman

has both chick-flick components (Gere carrying Winger off at the end) and guy-flick components (the competition between Gere and Gossett) and some of both (the story with Keith and Blount).
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Hanna. I have no idea why she liked it, but she did. It doesn't seem like much of a chick movie...
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Hitchcock.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Hitchcock.

J
          (channeling BillBuckner) HitchCOCK
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Rocky
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Silence of the Lambs
              Face/Off
              The Gladiator
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                Officer and a Gentleman
                Nah ... you're not getting away with that ... total chick flick!

Comment

My ex liked anything that didn't have gratuitous, very realistic or harrowing violence. The two movies I remember being super awkward to watch with her were: Bundy (which IMO is a vile pointless movie) and Changeling (she was kinda depressed at the time ... and this didn't help).

Comment

Moneyball
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

If this was 1979, Smokey and the Bandit. When I was a little kid I thought this was the best thing ever

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        Rocky
                        My wife really liked Rocky. For action flicks, she liked one of the X-Men moves, but was immediately put off by Sherlock Holmes (can't say I blame her, opening with a matrix-style martial arts sequence?)
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          Moneyball
                          Along that same theme: Sugar.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Jerry McGuire

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              Jerry McGuire

J
                              This is a Tranny-Flick. Is it a man-flick or a chick flick? Who knows?

Comment

Working...
                              X