Jim Edmonds retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Edmonds retires

Happy trails Jimmy, you sure were fun to watch.

he had an impact on Jay Bruce in the short period he was with the Reds.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Probably one of the better non-HOF careers out there, yes?
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        Probably one of the better players that at least 90% of us would agree doesn't belong in the HOF, yes. There are a significant number of non-HOFers that would be ahead of him, though, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          Yes. He lost a few years in his prime to injury, I wonder what his HOF case would look like if that hadn't happened.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Funny - I think he'll get more votes than you might think...

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
              Funny - I think he'll get more votes than you might think...
              I would tend to agree. I think that the way that he played the game is going to resonate with the voters...the fact that he got injured so much because he played so hard is going to go in his favor. How many of those diving catches where he just laid flat out took time away from his career? That's an intangible that going to play well, I think.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Honestly I would consider him a good hof pick.

Maybe a borderline top 10 all time cf?

Comment

I remember how he and Griffey came over from the AL the same year, and Griffey was soooooo pissed off because Edmonds didn't miss a beat while Griffey struggled, and temporarily got the press love the Griffey assumed was his by divine right.** I also remember that Edmonds was my first great FA list pickup in 1995, my first year in Roto.

**A few years ago, my contact with the Reds, who became good friends with Griffey, told me that Griffey later regretted his petulance and told my guy, "I was a real d**k that year". Which reminds me, it's time to get my a** to the office and work on that guy's tax return.

Anyway, thanks for the memories, Jim. You played the game the right way all the time, even if it cost you tons of playing time.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Working...
                  X