Miguel Cabrera - major dumbass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cabrera - major dumbass

According to the arrest report, Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of Scotch in front of a deputy. Police say Cabrera repeatedly refused to cooperate, saying, "Do you know who I am, you don't know anything about my problems."

Ahhh, nice to see that rehab is still working. I wonder when we can expect to see him so hungover in a game that he can't see the pitches?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm guessing he's not ready to start the season and the Tigers throw him into a dry house for a few weeks. I hope he gets his life in order but he just got knocked down my draft rankings

Comment

::frown face::
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

He's not a dumbass for this, he's an alcoholic and needs treatment.

He is a dumbass if he refuses to acknowledge the problem and get treatment.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            He's not a dumbass for this, he's an alcoholic and needs treatment.

He is a dumbass if he refuses to acknowledge the problem and get treatment.
            So can we agree now that he's a dumbass?

Cabrera, 27, was spotted by a deputy in a car that's engine was smoking alongside a road in Fort Pierce. Inside the vehicle, Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy, according to St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said. He refused to cooperate and more deputies were called to the scene.

He was wandering into the road with his hands up before he was handcuffed, the report said. He kept saying, "Do you know who I am, you don't know anything about my problems," and cursed at deputies who tried to get him into a patrol car.

In 2009, the All-Star first baseman got into a fight with his wife after a night of drinking, right before his team surrendered the American League Central Division title to the Twins.

Police said Cabrera had a 0.26 blood-alcohol reading -- three times above Michigan's legal limit for driving -- and Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski had to pick up Cabrera at the station. No charges were filed.

During spring training last year, Cabrera said he was done drinking alcohol after he spent much of the offseason in counseling.

"You guys write in the paper 'alcoholic,' that's not right," he said last March before a spring training workout. "I don't know how to explain, but it's not an alcohol problem."
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Any grown man who is behind the wheel with a .26 has an alcohol problem.

Taking a swig in front of the officer is the interesting thing. I have known lawyers who told their clients that if they got stopped for DWI to get out and, in front of the officer, down as much alcohol as they could before the officer could get to them. The "theory", if you want to call it that, is that it would then become impossible to tell whether the BAC was from what the driver had before the stop or after the stop.

Bad advice in my opinion, and also a breach of legal ethics.

Comment

SO........

Do I still keep him at $39 in an AL only 9 team league????

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  I'm still going to keep him at $44 in an 18 team mixed.

But damn, this guy's gonna drive me to drinkin'.
                  you two will be able to bond.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

LOL!! If inflation is 20% or more, I'd keep him at $39 for sure. $44 would be a stretch for me, but I wouldn't argue much, either.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Edit: He earned about exactly $40 in our league's parameters last year. That would make him at value with just 10% inflation. He earned about $36.50 in an AL only, 9 team league.
                      What did you use to run your league parameters? Rotowire?
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

you two should get a designated driver.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

What about the Tigers and Cards swapping first basemen? Miggy in St. Louis would be a marketing coup for AB.

If his relapse has been dramatic (and the arrest report sure does seem like that) he could miss some time in rehab. Hello V-Mart at first.

Comment

All that money, he could have a driver/handler/security full time driving him around so he can get his freak on. The whole downing scotch in front of the officer who pulled you over, thats a curious move.

I would not be eager to tie up a huge portion of my budget on Charlie Sheen, err Miggy.

Comment

No charges filed? How is that possible?
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X