Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Union

Thought it could use it's own thread.

So far--Killing Bin Laden and developing multiple energy sources have gotten the biggest bi-partisan ovations.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

is that tonight...do we really need the President to tell us the state of the nation...

it's not good. end of address.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

"That ain't right" he totally stole that from Chris Rock.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        is that tonight...do we really need the President to tell us the state of the nation...
        The Constitution says we do.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          The Constitution says we do.
          since when do the folks in Washington follow that piece of paper..
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

it's not good. end of address.
            Presidents gotta speak, librarians gotta do whatever it is they do.....

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Comment

He pulls up, he shoots, and he drains a THREEeeeee.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Maybe we need a thread on that?
                  “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...eal-all-along/
                    Six reasons Keystone XL was a bad deal all along

..Here are six facts about the proposed Keystone XL deal that make clear why the pipeline was a bad deal for America and why it deserved to be rejected:
                    notice from where the article is from.

this is what's called a golden nugget. of course there is no space for comments, which surely would've garnered some fireworks from the choir... yet i'd even say this is more than fair and balanced. it's why i read the boston herald, and NY Post, and washington post (their comments are the best. and more importantly they are not a choir), and even fox. ..the NY times does it too. they have become a choir, unfortunately. yet, the boston herald never has any golden nuggets preaching against the choir. additionally their op-eds always start and end with personal attacks... the NY Post, 1 out of every 20 articles has a nugget.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                      Maybe we need a thread on that?
                      I don't know...he burned me pretty bad by posting that picture of the Otter Lake Library.....

Comment

The Republicans on my fb wall say Obama is just promoting "class warfare" again... so to be clear, the Republican stance is against the wealthy paying the same tax rate as the middle class? That's the official party stance? Or is the class warfare remark about something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                          The Republicans on my fb wall say Obama is just promoting "class warfare" again... so to be clear, the Republican stance is against the wealthy paying the same tax rate as the middle class? That's the official party stance? Or is the class warfare remark about something else?
                          neither party understands what they want. but i will tell you where it matters. i think.

having a 15% capital gains tax, you're shifting money that would normally be used to build a business- that builds a product, that hires employees, that use the money building the product to by it and becomes consumers- to simply the stock market that 'creates wealth'. but thats all it creates. it doesn't not create those other things.

it's insanity that the stock market it at almost 13,000 (as 12,000 has become support and no longer resistance) this is a direct result of being the best game in town. because it's only 15%. why bother putting your money elsewhere.

Comment

Same old speech, same old reaction.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

Except when it's Mitt Romney and then they think it is horribly elitist.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                              X