Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I'm going to Atlantic City, what airport do I fly into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm going to Atlantic City, what airport do I fly into?

Philadelphia looks the closest?

But it's $350 to fly from Akron-Canton airport.

Any other closer?

Theres also an AC airport but philly is prolly best.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Atlantic City has its own airport, but it's not terribly big.
      Philly probably your best bet otherwise.
      Would be a good 2 hours+ from Newark Airport to AC, 120 miles or so. If you got something dirt cheap, of course, you'd get to see the bulk of New Jersey that way (well, the parts along the major highways, anyway).
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The best deal that I've seen is Pitts to Phil for about $200 total.

It's about a 90 minute drive to Pitt....but with gas and parking....it may not be.

Comment

I have two suggestions:

1) Drive. Calculate your drive to Philly and add approx. 1 hr. I'm thinking you're looking at a 7-8 hr drive.
          2) Don't go. There are plenty of other wonderful places to go.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Well, he's working, so he's going.

Actually, I wouldn't completely rule out driving. It's true that with airline security these days and potential delays, driving and the freedom that comes with it can be a good idea.

I drove out to Pittsburgh for the AFC title game for all these reasons. Others did get delayed on their flights, in fact...
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Actually, I wouldn't completely rule out driving. It's true that with airline security these days and potential delays, driving and the freedom that comes with it can be a good idea.
              A/C is an easy, under 90 minute drive from Philly without traffic.

Comment

A regular train runs from Philadelphia to Atlantic City, $10.00 1-way, about 100 minutes if you're departing from Philadelphia's 30th Street Station. $6.50, 75 minutes from Cherry Hill NJ. It looks like it comes out in a decent spot, but since AC is hell on Earth, you'd want to make sure.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Well, guess what....it looks like the concept is dead already.

My wife informed me that our middle daughter will move into college in Nashville, TN that weekend.

A/C trip is cancelled....damn!

Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                    A/C is an easy, under 90 minute drive from Philly without traffic.
                    The "without traffic" part is harder in the summer, especially on a Friday or Saturday.

For future reference, of course. Bummer.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Also for future reference, if Spirit flies from your closest airport, check them out. When the timing works out, I fly round trip from Orlando to A.C. for $57, out the door, including all fees and taxes except bag fees as needed. At that price I usually make it two or three times a year.

Also, Tropicana has the nicest perks if you haven't decided where to stay, though Harrahs isn't too bad, and they even flew my buddy up from Florida for free. He plays a lot of slots, I only play poker, so he gets better comps, but I get most everything he does except the free flights.

Most importantly, I've said this in threads at the old site, while you are there go to The White House for a cheese steak and cheese burger, both the best in the world, IMHO.
                      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

I was thoroughly disappointed with the White House although I ordered an italian sub. Didnt think much of it at all.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

The White House is decent but nothing compared to the best places in Philly and South Jersey. Their bread is quite mediocre, and that makes a huge difference. Only non-Philly people seem to think they're anything special.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            The White House is decent but nothing compared to the best places in Philly and South Jersey. Their bread is quite mediocre, and that makes a huge difference. Only non-Philly people seem to think they're anything special.
                            And only Philly people think Cheez Wiz is special. Philly Cheese Steaks are the most overrated food on the planet, and I am from PA. And I think you are nuts about The White House's bread, it's hand-delivered fresh 12 times a day and is one of the main reasons everything is so good. My buddy who travels up with me from FL is also from North Jersey and he is in complete agreement, and he is an eater!

The White House's Italians are good, but I would not rate them anywhere near the top of the best I ever had, the cheese steak and cheese burger are a different story, though they changed the bun on the burger in the past year to more of a kaiser-type roll, a cardinal sin in the burger world, but I hear there has been a back lash, so hopefully they will go back to the original.
                            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Damn hit me up the next time you are thinking about AC Gris. I used to work next to AC Airport at the FAA Tech Center. About 1 hr from me. I might be able to take a day off then.

Just an FYI the AC Airport is in Pomona, NJ not AC. Drive is not bad into AC as you can take 1 of 3 ways in.....AC Expressway (near airport, but toll road), Rt 30 (goes by Trump Marina or whatever it is called now and the Taj Mahal) or Rt 40. Spirit is the big airline out of ACY so I doubt you will find any flights to there though.
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                              X