Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI: for those interested in foreign affairs ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: for those interested in foreign affairs ...

... one of the best ... okay, the best source of intel & analysis, Stratfor, is now temporarily offering all their content for free as of today due to recent security breaches on their site (they are normally a pay-for-content site).

Thought some might want to know.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

In the rest of the world we call this "news"

... wondering why they consider this content worth of a subscription only service. More in-depth reporting can be found on most major newspaper websites.
    Last edited by johnnya24; 01-16-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      ... one of the best ... okay, the best source of intel & analysis, Stratfor, is now temporarily offering all their content for free as of today due to recent security breaches on their site (they are normally a pay-for-content site).

Thought some might want to know.
      I've been a long time reader and was worried about my identity being stolen after this security breach.

Comment

I follow the stratfor twitter feed and find that helpful, the head of stratfor (and the protagonist of half life!), Gordon Friedman, has an awesome book called "the next hundred years" that I highly recommend
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
        X