Such is Life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such is Life...

My wife and i were watching a show about million dollar rooms and one of the rooms was in the mansion of "Fiddy Cent" and he spent $100,000 getting a custom pool table designed. OK. Well then a commercial came on for Unicef showing starving children and my wife and i looked at each other and both said the same thing. WOW. children are dying because they have no food, but yet others have so much money they can get custom pool tables made for them.

I have no answers to these problems right now.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

The problem is more of safe and successful distribution than money.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      The problem is more of safe and successful distribution than money.
      plus the fact that there is a market for shows like that.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

If he's spending money like a crackhead, that's a good thing - far worse for everybody if he hoards it. Now whoever made the pool table can donate it to Unicef.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

My point was that "there but for the grace of god.." No one gets a choice as to whom or where they are born. It's like the lottery.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

50 Cent wasn't exactly born into the best of circumstances.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              50 Cent wasn't exactly born into the best of circumstances.
              This totally misses my point.

Comment

Your point appears to be "50 Cent won the birth lottery," and he didn't.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Your point appears to be "50 Cent won the birth lottery," and he didn't.
                  It didn't have to be about Fifty Cent it just happened that his home was being shown before the commercial. My point is that anyone can be born anywhere to anyone....life is a lottery..and many lose big time..

Comment

That is the one show on HGTV that I will not watch. I just dont see the need for people to waste money on such extravegance. It just seems a waste.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I blame this guy.

"Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        plus the fact that there is a market for shows like that.
                        Good point.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                        X