2011 - 2012 RJ Highball Season Long Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 - 2012 RJ Highball Season Long Thread

I'm so happy the NBA is back. Yesterday's cornucopia of games was a great start to the season. But today is really when it all begins.

So annoyed by the Jordan Crawford/Nick Young situation. Especially since this was the pick I spent the longest time thinking about.

Comment

The Mavs let Chandler and Barea walk? Fools.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        The Mavs let Chandler and Barea walk? Fools.
        Mildly surprised by the back-to-back blowouts.

Comment

The T-Wolves backcourt of Rubio and Barera is a blast to watch, but man, are they going to get abused on defense. Westbrook made Rubio his bitch last night...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            The T-Wolves backcourt of Rubio and Barera is a blast to watch, but man, are they going to get abused on defense. Westbrook made Rubio his bitch last night...
            Won't be long before Rubio takes over for good. I thought I reached with my pick and may still have, but I wasn't disappointed by his performance in the least last night.

How did Derrick Williams look last night? I didn't start him but it looks like the T-Wolves best lineup is with him starting, K-Love playing center, and Darko coming off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              Won't be long before Rubio takes over for good. I thought I reached with my pick and may still have, but I wasn't disappointed by his performance in the least last night.

How did Derrick Williams look last night? I didn't start him but it looks like the T-Wolves best lineup is with him starting, K-Love playing center, and Darko coming off the bench.
              He looks good...he made a fair amount of mistakes last night, but the ability is certainly there. Based on last night, they apparently have no major plans for Wes Johnson, other than as a spare part. Of course, that team will be in flux most of the season, so things could change in a hurry.

But Rubio is sure fun to watch...his no-look passes are a thing of beauty.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I've totally lost faith in Haywood and Arenas. Cutting bait on those two.

Comment

I can't believe the Warriors beat the Knicks last night. Possible storm brewing between Westbrook and his team in Thunderland.

Comment

Looking back at the draft results, wtf was I thinking drafting Haywood when there were better alternatives.

Comment

For smartphone users ... found a good fantasy basketball app.

Comment

Looking back at the draft results, wtf was I thinking drafting Haywood when there were better alternatives.
                        Don't worry probably the rest of the league was thinking the same thing.

Also what is the app?
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                          Don't worry probably the rest of the league was thinking the same thing.

Also what is the app?
                          Oh I never worry about what you guys think. :-) As for the app, well it has a generic name. So simply for to the Apple app store on your phone, type "Fantasy Basketball" in the search bar, and a plethora of options should appear. The one I currently use and like very much has a capital M with monster fingers appearing from behind it. The pay version has even more options, but the free version is excellent.

Comment

Oh I never worry about what you guys think. :-)
                            Lol, sure, sure. Like you and everyone in this league doesn't hang onto my every word with breathless anticipation. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. I just made that up by the way. See what treasures you will miss if you don't live your life waiting to hear every negative thing I have to say about you peons.

Hornsby, Piney and everyone else knows better. Don't get left out in the cold Jude (dramatic pause) don't get left out in the cold.

Comment

It's 80 degrees in LA right now. I'm wishing it were cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X