CP3 to the Clippers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP3 to the Clippers!

Just broke from a friend who works closely with the Warriors.

CP3

for

Gordon, Kman, Aminu and the T-Wolves unprotected pick.

Awesome haul for the Hornets.

i bet the Clips wish they didnt get Billups.

So..Paul & Griffin....caron butler, billups and deandre jordan? im not blown away outside of the big 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      i bet the Clips wish they didnt get Billups.

So..Paul & Griffin....caron butler, billups and deandre jordan? im not blown away outside of the big 2.
      Billups will be solid in a Jason Terry role.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Here's the thing, though, Pauly. The LA Clippers...the Clippers!...now have arguably the best pure PG and best pure PF in the NBA, not to mention two of the leagues most popular and marketable stars. And they're in LA, which makes them appealing to other FAs and veterans seeking trades. I agree that Billups would be a very solid backup PG/SG. Now do they amnesty Mo Williams and look to sign guys like Dalembert or Crawford who might think this is an exciting team at an exciting time?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          Here's the thing, though, Pauly. The LA Clippers...the Clippers!...now have arguably the best pure PG and best pure PF in the NBA, not to mention two of the leagues most popular and marketable stars. And they're in LA, which makes them appealing to other FAs and veterans seeking trades. I agree that Billups would be a very solid backup PG/SG. Now do they amnesty Mo Williams and look to sign guys like Dalembert or Crawford who might think this is an exciting team at an exciting time?
          Just the fact that the Clippers are relevant is kinda cool. Blake is even making Subway sandwiches by my school.

Comment

Clippers announced today they sold out their usual ticket allotment already.
            Kobe is not getting any younger.

If the Lakers and Clippers get it going at same time as Knicks and Nets do, in the big 2 cities - and of course that has never happened - that would be something for the league.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I love that the Clippers are cool. Despite Blake's Oklahomaness, I'm a huge fan.

So hoop heads, I know this bodes REALLY well for my DeAndre Jordan pick both because Kaman is gone and now Paul is feeding him, but what does it do for my Eric Gordon pick, who now heads to NO?

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
                I love that the Clippers are cool. Despite Blake's Oklahomaness, I'm a huge fan.

So hoop heads, I know this bodes REALLY well for my DeAndre Jordan pick both because Kaman is gone and now Paul is feeding him, but what does it do for my Eric Gordon pick, who now heads to NO?
                He's clearly the #1 scoring option and the focus of the entire offense. I think it helps him if he is as good as I think he is and is prepared to be "the man". Of course, coaches will make stopping him the primary focus of their defensive strategy against the Hornets.

Comment

Gordon will have a big load to carry. Kaman is clearly the C, and he has scored double digits before, but he is not what you call a money post scorer. They have some room to get a big man, and need one badly. Mo Williams looks overpriced and redundant for the Clips. He might be the 3rd guard, if LAC decides to franchise him.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    Gordon will have a big load to carry. Kaman is clearly the C, and he has scored double digits before, but he is not what you call a money post scorer. They have some room to get a big man, and need one badly.
                    NO still has Okafor. Those two may start together with either one being viewed as the C or PF.

Comment

Hornets lineup: Jarret Jack, Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Okafor, Caveman -- Looks like a last place in the west lineup to me.

It certainly rivals Sacto or Minny.

Comment

poor Eric Gordon. I really like him. It's a shame that Stern insisted the Hornets get him. CP3/Gordon/Blake would have been as good a top-3 as there is in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          Hornets lineup: Jarret Jack, Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Okafor, Caveman -- Looks like a last place in the west lineup to me.

It certainly rivals Sacto or Minny.
                          That is nt a bad starting five, but OMG the bench.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                          X