Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP3 to the Lakers...

Dwight Howard's next...(I predict).

Rockets get Pau Gasol; Hornets get the boobie prize of Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, Goran Dragic, and a 2012 first-round pick.

Paul/Bryant could be the best backcourt combo ever. I cant come up with a better one.

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Dwight Howard's next...(I predict).

Rockets get Pau Gasol; Hornets get the boobie prize of Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, Goran Dragic, and a 2012 first-round pick.

Paul/Bryant could be the best backcourt combo ever. I cant come up with a better one.
    Don't they also get Scola? I don't think that's the boobie prize at all to be honest.

Comment

yep missed Scola there...I'm kind of a K.Mart hater anyway.

Comment

Aw, I like him a good bit. I mean, CP3 is a no-doubt beast, but the haul is pretty good if you have to give up your super-duper-star (w/bum knees).

Comment

Deal on hold - may be canceled by league

Comment

sounds like deal is DEAD
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

LOL that's what happens when the league owns your team.

Comment

it sounds on hold to me, not dead....this is totally like fantasy sports coming to life with the vehement trade vetos

Comment

It's dead...for now.

Chris Paul is reportedly seeking legal action and will not report to Hornets camp.

With all of the allegations of behind the scenes collusion with the NBA in the past this one is pretty blatant in your face overstepping the grounds of what a league owned team should be allowed to do.

I'm a fan of the NBA, but with the lock out and now this it's become a challenge.

Comment

Yeah, he's a former colleague, but the go-to guy for all of this is

@WojYahooNBA

He's already got 136,000 followers, so he hardly needs my pimping, lol.
                    But he is more zoned in than any NBA guy I've seen in the last 20 years.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The NBA is like a bad fantasy league at this point.

Comment

It's astounding to see how stupid ownership is in the NBA. This is a GREAT deal in terms of marketing, and it's not even a bad deal given that Paul was going to dump the Hornets by next year anyway.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The Lakers gave up a lot ...

Think: Bynum out 5 games. Who the heck starts @ PF and C? The rest of their roster is ugly ...

Even if they can swing a Bynum for Howard deal down the road, they've purged their depth to leave themselves with an aging SG, a PG with wonky knees and a Hack-a-Howard.

Comment

I think the biggest fear for "the NBA", a.k.a., David Stern, was being stuck with a Hornets team with no bankable stars to dangle before a prospective owner. They want the Hornets to hold out a bit longer to try to get a young guy like Steph Curry who you can try to build a product around.

Meanwhile, the Knicks' move signing Tyson Chandler seems designed to set up something that might involve Billups, Turiaf and Amare to NO for CP3. That would probably be a better haul in the eyes of Stern.

Comment

broussard is saying that Howard is heading to the Nets...soemtime today

Comment

Working...
                              X