Draft commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft commentary

We have a thread with all the rules and rulings. I think this ought to be separate.

Simon (Riff Raff) and I had an interesting trade discussion. I offered LeBron and my 2nd for Kevin Love and his 1st. He declined and then took one of my top two choices: Amare Stoudemire. That being said, he made a good point, the latter 2nd early 3rd round looks loaded.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
    2.05 - pjs24 - skipped (after giving him an extra hour hoping that he would help me make my choice)

2.06 - Pau Gasol - LAL – PF/C
    Nice pick.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      We have a thread with all the rules and rulings. I think this ought to be separate.

Simon (Riff Raff) and I had an interesting trade discussion. I offered LeBron and my 2nd for Kevin Love and his 1st. He declined and then took one of my top two choices: Amare Stoudemire. That being said, he made a good point, the latter 2nd early 3rd round looks loaded.

J
      Actually, my point was that I preferred 2 x 1st rd value picks + a late third to Lebron and end of 2nd/early 3rd. Lebron is great but I wanted to move in a different direction.

Which includes, if anyone who drafted a PG in rd 1, potentially trading Love for a 1st round PG (a few exceptions). PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Sorry about grabbing Smith Paul. I was torn between he and Jefferson. I'm just very eager to get this passed me so I can ignore this monstrosity for the night. I honestly don't care if I'm in front or back of the draft. As long as I'm close to one side. I can and have won at both ends. I just hate picking in the middle during a slow-live draft. It's a fine position to be in. However, being stationed there, I always felt like I was in reach of the draft potentially getting back to you during drafting hours. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseballjones View Post
          Sorry about grabbing Smith Paul. I was torn between he and Jefferson. I'm just very eager to get this passed me so I can ignore this monstrosity for the night. I honestly don't care if I'm in front or back of the draft. As long as I'm close to one side. I can and have won at both ends. I just hate picking in the middle during a slow-live draft. It's a fine position to be in. However, being stationed there, I always felt like I was in reach of the draft potentially getting back to you during drafting hours. Terrible, terrible, terrible.
          Many thanks for leaving Jefferson.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I just like those can -do a bit of everything- type players. It's nice to have Smith and Durant on the same squad. Plus I already had Monroe.

Comment

I think I'm off to a good start in AST, A/TO and STL.

Comment

Nice pick.

J
                I was torn between Pau and Dirk here, both potential late first round values.

Comment

Yea you are killing it for AST, A/TO. I concede those two cats to you.

Comment

I was hoping the fear of Howard to LA, would cause Pau to slip my way.

Hey! That rhymed! I'm a poet!

Comment

You are a PG hungry bunch. After 26 picks and keepers, these are all gone:

Wade, Dwyane
                      Ellis, Monta
                      Paul, Chris
                      Williams, Deron
                      Rose, Derrick
                      Westbrook, Russell
                      Curry, Stephen
                      Wall, John
                      Nash, Steve
                      Lawson, Ty
                      Holiday, Jrue
                      Rondo, Rajon
                      Lowry, Kyle
                      Tyreke Evans

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

You are a PG hungry bunch. After 26 picks and keepers, these are all gone:

Wade, Dwyane
                        Ellis, Monta
                        Paul, Chris
                        Williams, Deron
                        Rose, Derrick
                        Westbrook, Russell
                        Curry, Stephen
                        Wall, John
                        Nash, Steve
                        Lawson, Ty
                        Holiday, Jrue
                        Rondo, Rajon
                        Lowry, Kyle
                        Tyreke Evans

J
                        No, Lowry was put back on the board - swapped out for Evans before the next pick had been made. I guess we're allowing that?

Comment

I will be out tonight away from my computer. If someone would shoot me an email when it gets to me, my phone will alert me and I will reply to that email with my pick. Please include picks 3.05, 3.06, & 3.07 in the email so I know who's was taken from now till then. My email address is [email protected] .

Thanks,
                          Randy

Comment

Paul made his keeper pick as I was picking Lowry. We basically both picked Lowry at the same time. You should have seen my rant before I erased it.

Just letting everyone know I did not swap out Lowry for Evans. Lowry was my first choice. It just wasn't worth getting into after all was said and done.

No worries, lets just move forward. We don't have time for any controversy.

Comment

I do apologize for that kerfuffle. I got laid off yesterday & "celebrated" by actually sleeping in for the first time in 6 years (ya, including weekends). It caused me to miss my pick and the Pujols signing. Anyway, I really wasn't trying to cause any issues. I was debating Lowry & another guy and decided on just Lowry after some deliberation (too much, sorry). This season feels so disorganized so far. Still trying to catch up.

Comment

Working...
                              X