• Show
Clear All

• keeper q - hoops

Good to have hoops back!

So I got my pick of one of these 3 guys for $1:

Wes Matthews
    Dorrell Wright
    DJ Augustin

Who'd you take? I would have said Wes at the end of last season, but this talk of Portland keeping Roy and that idiot Mcmillan starting him has me re-assessing.

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Good to have hoops back!

So I got my pick of one of these 3 guys for $1:

Wes Matthews
    Dorrell Wright
    DJ Augustin

Who'd you take? I would have said Wes at the end of last season, but this talk of Portland keeping Roy and that idiot Mcmillan starting him has me re-assessing.
    Sweet. Dorrell Wright is the clear choice. I love Wesley Matthews, but he is not going to rebound for you. Wright matches his 3pt, with rebounds and better steals. Getting that grade of rebounding from a SG slot is premium, so the steals are a bonus. DJA is far back.

that being said, I think Wes Matthews is a steal at his ADP. Roy will start when he can, but the knee is worse, and will not get better. Figure Matthews to be the 1B option in the offense, with Aldritch as 1A. He is real asset in FT %, though not like Kobe or Kevin Martin, and his only weakness is rebounding. Figure his 2nd half stats +10% for more minutes.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 12-08-2011, 11:56 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I agree - Wright would be my choice too.

Comment

Yeah, Wright is the guy, although I'd be happy to roster any of them at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          Yeah, Wright is the guy, although I'd be happy to roster any of them at that price.
          ALL of them.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Kept Wright for $1. Here's my roster after auction (8 cat roto)...how you like?

PG Monta Ellis, GS PG $50
            SG Manu Ginobili, SA SG $20
            SF Josh Smith, Atl PF $35
            PF Carlos Boozer, Chi PF $16
            C Pau Gasol, LAL PF $40
            F Dorrell Wright $1
            G Devin Harris, Uta PG $9
            U Paul Millsap, Uta PF $12
            U Jameer Nelson, Orl PG $9
            U Darren Collison, Ind PG $4
            B: Channing Frye, Pho PF $2, Paul George, Ind SG $1, Tony Allen, Mem SG $1

**I have a thing for owning Monta Ellis and everyone knew it and I paid extra for it

Comment

I think that you'll be hunting for boards and blocks, and maybe assists, depending on what Monta does. Strong in 3's and overall point scoring...solid team that should be in the top half of the league.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I will assume 12 team.

Your strengths are PG stats and scoring. Decent 3pt shooting but marginal rebounding and poor blocks. If this is Roto, the ratios are iffy and TOs are really bad.

In H2H it is not bad as is. In Roto you need to trade a PG for a big man. Your saving grace is that your best rebounder plays SF. You can afford to take on a non scoring, non 3pt shooting, no assist, no steal big man, as long as he rebounds and blocks shots.

Some less costly names to target: Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan, Tyson Chandler, Dalembert, Tyrus Thomas, Brendan Haywood. Haywood might be on WW. Kaman did not have the stats last year and is not particularly young, so he might be easiest to trade for. Consider putting together a good package for Serge Ibaka or Amdrew Bogut. Older guys like Camby and Tim Duncan might come cheap.

J
                Last edited by onejayhawk; 12-24-2011, 01:24 PM.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Your saving grace is that your best rebounder plays SF.
                  I really dont project Smith as a better rebounder than Gasol or Boozer...but yeah, Im shopping Collison for a cheap big.

Also, lucky for me, TOs dont matter in 8-cat.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    I really dont project Smith as a better rebounder than Gasol or Boozer...but yeah, Im shopping Collison for a cheap big.

Also, lucky for me, TOs dont matter in 8-cat.

Thanks for the input!
                    Point. Most valuable would be better.

In 8 Cat you look reasonably solid. As i said, your %s could be better, but the only real hole is blocks, and you can get Chris Anderson if you have to.

Collison is worrth more than a cheap big. He should get someone on the order of Javale Magee, Anderson Varejao, or Tyson Chandler. In fact with Varejao or Chandler, I would want something back. You may do bett off WW.

J
                    Last edited by onejayhawk; 12-26-2011, 06:00 PM.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                    X