"New" CBS Commissioner experts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" CBS Commissioner experts...

Anyone know how I -as commissioner- can edit another owner's roster?

I've tried hitting the little orange C and that gets to me to another interface, but I still can't do it.

I need to edit out the AL players off these NL rosters.

Also, does anyone know how this Keeper feature is going to work? Do we just click the button for our keepers and when the day comes all the others will be removed?

click 'commish tools' and go from there, lots of tabs to choose from which seem to fit your questions

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
      Also, does anyone know how this Keeper feature is going to work? Do we just click the button for our keepers and when the day comes all the others will be removed?
      Do what wannabegriffey says, but then note -- because it's happened to me -- to your league's owners to make 100% sure they also check the boxes for any minor league keepers. If they only check active roster keepers, everyone else will be deleted off the roster on Keeper day.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
        click 'commish tools' and go from there, lots of tabs to choose from which seem to fit your questions
        Um. No. I click that and I get to a Set Team Lineup option, but I STILL can't edit any team other than my own, which I can edit just fine. If I go to an individual team page and go to Add/Drop, it just bumps it back to my page. Can someone actually DO this and tell me the steps?

Comment

um. no.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Do what wannabegriffey says, but then note -- because it's happened to me -- to your league's owners to make 100% sure they also check the boxes for any minor league keepers. If they only check active roster keepers, everyone else will be deleted off the roster on Keeper day.
            I'm not following Ed...check what boxes?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I'm not following Ed...check what boxes?
              there are boxes on the team page that you check off to indicate keepers
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                there are boxes on the team page that you check off to indicate keepers
                Man, I'm not seeing them...be little more specific?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Horns, you didnt have it set up in RJEL. I just corrected it.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's
                    Next to your team name is a triangle, which gives you a list of the other teams in the league. Then you should be able to edit their team.
                    I wish. I've tried it a dozen times. I know the triangle and I can get to another team, but once I'm there, I'm unable to actually DROP a player. When I click Learn More, I get the help menu which says this:
                    "Commissioner Functions

* Edit a lineup for another team
                    To edit a lineup for another team using Commissioner privelages, just click the Commissioner 'C' icon above the 'Edit' column. This will active red edit buttons. You can then edit the lineup in the same fashion you would edit your own lineup. Click the 'Set Lineup' button to save your changes. "

However, the only way I've found to drop a player is to click on the player name and hit the Drop button on the window that pops up. But, when I follow these instructions, there is no Drop button, only Offer Trade and Scout buttons in the same place where the Drop button is on my Team Page.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Horns, you didnt have it set up in RJEL. I just corrected it.
                      OK...I appreciate it.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I wish. I've tried it a dozen times.
                        Try this. Go to Commish Tools/Tools. Click on the "In-Season Rosters" tab on the top row under Commish Management Tools. There should be a link to Add/Drop Players from Another Team.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                          Try this. Go to Commish Tools/Tools. Click on the "In-Season Rosters" tab on the top row under Commish Management Tools. There should be a link to Add/Drop Players from Another Team.
                          That worked perfectly! Thanks.

Comment

Um. No. I click that and I get to a Set Team Lineup option, but I STILL can't edit any team other than my own, which I can edit just fine. If I go to an individual team page and go to Add/Drop, it just bumps it back to my page. Can someone actually DO this and tell me the steps?
                            Glad to see you found a workaround. My guess is that as commissioner, soon you'll be able to drop players on other teams much the same way you found you could do it on your own team. This conversion still seems to be a work in progress.
                            "Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
                            ---Stephen Colbert

2002 & 2010 HCBB Champion --- http://hcbb.info

Comment

I've never understood why people think their site is a good one. This is such a great example of how CBS sucks. Why is the add/drop page displayed two different ways depending how you navigate to it? It's organized is such a piss poor way, it's the opposite of intuitive.

I was able to figure it out by using the help feature and was about to post the answer but Oakland beat me to it.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X