• Show
Clear All

• Guess This Pitcher....

His OPS, by season, with RISP

2007: .920
    2008: .880
    2009: .795
    2010: .768

Who is this hidden gem? (shut up if you follow me on Twitter)

I don't follow you on twitter, but you told me already. Sooooo tempted to ruin your fun, but I'll be a nice guy.

Is it John Maine?

Comment

well fine, refuse to play

The answer - Jason Hammel

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        well fine, refuse to play

The answer - Jason Hammel
        Maybe we all follow you on Twitter.

Comment

Nice trend but he ended up as the 651st ranked player based on my league parameters. I actually picked him up off the wire for a few starts but I think I'll avoid him this year.

Comment

If you take your right hand and cover up April and take your left hand and cover up September, then voila! 129.1 IP, 9 W, 3.62 ERA, 1.24 WHIP, 110 K, 33 BB

Weird guy because he's now posted identical 3.7 FIP/3.8 xFIP seasons in a row with a 4.3+ ERA. (SIERA was 3.83 for the more BP-inclined)

Hammel himself says that he was affected by taking Crestor to manage his family history of high cholesterol and that caused enhanced muscle and joint soreness. Take that for what it's worth I guess.

He's still just 28 and while it seems that FG pitch values dislike his fastball he's sitting 92-93 while touching 96 with a nice curveball as well from what I've seen and an adequate slider. I have a feeling that if you plan on owning Nolasco and Shields this year that you're probably making a play on Hammel as well. I still like him enough myself to take a flier.

Comment

Originally posted by Medici View Post
              If you take your right hand and cover up April and take your left hand and cover up September, then voila! 129.1 IP, 9 W, 3.62 ERA, 1.24 WHIP, 110 K, 33 BB

Weird guy because he's now posted identical 3.7 FIP/3.8 xFIP seasons in a row with a 4.3+ ERA. (SIERA was 3.83 for the more BP-inclined)

Hammel himself says that he was affected by taking Crestor to manage his family history of high cholesterol and that caused enhanced muscle and joint soreness. Take that for what it's worth I guess.

He's still just 28 and while it seems that FG pitch values dislike his fastball he's sitting 92-93 while touching 96 with a nice curveball as well from what I've seen and an adequate slider. I have a feeling that if you plan on owning Nolasco and Shields this year that you're probably making a play on Hammel as well. I still like him enough myself to take a flier.
              It's like you're lucking at the rough draft of the article I'm putting together for Friday

Comment

Working...
              X