NJ offer for Howard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ offer for Howard?

The New Jersey Nets are prepared to offer a trade package featuring Brook Lopez and two future first-round picks to acquire Dwight Howard before the Orlando Magic center becomes a free agent in July 2012, according to sources close to the situation.

B.Lopez, 2 Future 1sts and take on Hedo's albatross contract.

If he gives a hint to Otis he is not going to re-sign, they're going to trade him asap. Otis does not want another LeBron situation here

Comment

Hint? He has been doing everything but publish ads.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Nice. Deron would have to be tempted to stay if it means an extended chance to pair up with Dwight Howard in the new arena in Brooklyn.

Comment

Howard reported to ask for trade TO Nets: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...ts-sources-say

Comment

I am pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              I am pleased.
              It's actually got to happen first...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                It's actually got to happen first...
                Yes, but for this franchise, the simple matter that one of the best players in the NBA has demanded a trade to the Nets is in itself a huge, huge thing.

Comment

Yes, but for this franchise, the simple matter that one of the best players in the NBA has demanded a trade to the Nets is in itself a huge, huge thing.
                  True...sounds like it's a bust now though. Orlando is considering filing tampering charges against the Nets for having a meeting with Howard's people.

The New Jersey Nets met with Dwight Howard Thursday night in a move that would be a violation of the league's tampering rules, according to multiple sources.

Howard met with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov and general manager Billy King in Miami, sources said. Howard was joined by a few business associates.

The meeting violates the NBA's tampering rules because Howard's current team, the Orlando Magic, did not know about the meeting or give the Nets permission to meet with him, according to the sources.

NBA.com reported that the Magic are considering filing tampering charges against two teams, one being the Nets. SI.com reported that the other team is the Houston Rockets.
                  The New Jersey Nets met with Dwight Howard Thursday night in a move that would be a major violation of the league's tampering rules, according to multiple sources.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Reports are now circulating that the Nets will go hard for Nene. This would give them the perfect complimentary post player. They could still add a post scorer or perimeter shooter without making waves.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I think the tampering charges are incidental, and that the Nets still have a great chance of getting Howard. ORL gave Howard's agent permission to talk with NJ, LAL and DAL, and if Howard's preference remains NJ, I think Lopez and draft picks for Howard and Turk could get the job done. Not sure if they'd still be able to sign Nene at PF or if they'd have to aim lower - maybe re-up with Kris Humphries-Kardashian-Humphries and do a one-year deal with AK-47, giving you enough options at the 3 and 4 slots assuming Turk has to be in the Howard deal. I feel pretty good about Morrow at the 2.

Comment

I think the tampering charges are incidental, and that the Nets still have a great chance of getting Howard. ORL gave Howard's agent permission to talk with NJ, LAL and DAL, and if Howard's preference remains NJ, I think Lopez and draft picks for Howard and Turk could get the job done. Not sure if they'd still be able to sign Nene at PF or if they'd have to aim lower - maybe re-up with Kris Humphries-Kardashian-Humphries and do a one-year deal with AK-47, giving you enough options at the 3 and 4 slots assuming Turk has to be in the Howard deal. I feel pretty good about Morrow at the 2.
                        This, the Paul Kerfuffle, and the lottery are just examples as to why the NBA is considered to be a sleazy cousin to it's baseball and football brethren. In those sports, no way in hell would Howard be allowed to talk to, let alone be dealt, to a club that broke the rules so blatantly. And in the past Stern crushed the T-Wolves for signing Joe Smith under the table...effectively neutering the franchise for a decade. Now it's OK for the Nets to go ahead, and the Lakers to renew talks with NO...pathetic.

For your sake, I hope that you get what you want, but I'm beginning to think that Dan Gilbert might not be as big an idiot as I thought...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I still say Howard and Paul end up in Los Angeles.

Comment

Working...
                          X