Firefly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly

They are running a marathon of the 19 episodes. I am home, munching popcorn out of big Santa tin, rendering the Thanksgiving turkey carcass, and watching Firefly.

Any other fans of the series, or Serenity? Have you heard about a season 2?

What other old SF series do you like? Dont bother Wth B5, BSG, or any of the Treks. Give us the lesser known stuff.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Huge Browncoat. I rank the canceling of this series right along with the Hindenburg and the Titanic as one of the great tragedies of history.

Best scene ever and the moment I knew I'd love this series:

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I liked the scene where the Captain and Pilot were being tortured, by the guy that money was for. The Captain was keeping the Pilot sane by forcing an argument. What's a little pain, when having the last word is on the line?

Did you know the Browncoats made a feature length film?
      In our current reality where we are presented to in excess of 3000 advertisements each day, when it comes time to begin a business, we should stick out.

J
      Last edited by onejayhawk; 11-27-2011, 05:45 PM.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I'm not much into the fan film thing. Although I will say that the book, "My Kind of Freedom" was pretty good, having been written by a fan who is also a published author. (It's posted free on the web.) You may also want to hunt down the authorized short stories published in some of the film books.
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I feel the same way about fan fiction.

Browncoats: Redemption is supposed to be a decent movie, simply as a movie. Other than an excessive number of Firefly names and places, I have not heard any real criticism of it. OTOH you have to buy the DVD, proceeds going to various Browncoat charities.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

If I can't mention the classics, I'd steer you to Blake's 7, its a less muppety Farscape, and grim grim grim
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I was just thinking of Farscape. A WWF cage match with Officer Sun and Ka D'Argo would be classic. That was a show with (sometimes, depending on the writing) intelligent villains. Scorpius was so good, they tried to make him a hero.

I vaguely remember Blake 7. It was British and about the time of the Tom Baker Doctor Who. Not a period I saw much TV, much less BBC.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
              X