Gaming Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Computers

My old CP just died and I'm looking into replacing it. I don't want to spend more than $1300 on it. I've read some things about the new towers and they look like they mix and match components to keep the price down, but how will that affect performance?

i8've hear the quad core i7 processor is the way to go as is the new GForce 580 card. Can anyone who's got experience with this help me out?

Plus--pros and cons of buying a box set or building your own.

Thanks!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

My son has the i7 processor and a Radeon 5850 and they seem to do really well. He says one of the real keys is having the right mouse...something with a superfast response time...wired instead of wireless.

Of course, the 23 inch HD monitor helps with the overall appearance of things.

I thought about building his, but wound up buying it (probably in part because the name "Alienware" carries weight among the 13-year old set).

Comment

I've heard mixed things about the i7, but because I'm pretty clueless I don't know who to believe. I've got a nice monitor, just trying to get the CPU without going broke.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have Dell XPS gaming computer, but sadly, I don't play games on the PC any longer. I know they're pricey, but have you looked at Alienware computers?

Comment

Working...
        X