Need trade help, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need trade help, please

I'm currently 4-4 in a 12-team, start 2 QB league (INTs worth -3 points, passing yards 25/point, rushing and receiving are 10/point, TDs are 6, and NO PPR).

Here's my team as it stands now:

QB: Ryan, Flacco, Hasselbeck
    RB: McFadden, S. Jackson, Beanie, D. Murray, Jacobs, Alfonso Smith (emergency pickup in the event Beanie couldn't go last week that I did not get around to cutting yet)
    WR: Stevie Johnson, J. Jones, J. Simpson, Torrey Smith
    TE: Aaron Hernandez
    K: Cundiff
    DEF: Detroit (probably will be Kansas City this week).

Anyway, I've been offered Matt Stafford and Santonio Holmes for Matt Ryan and Steven Jackson. With McFadden banged up and Stafford on a bye this week, forcing me to go with Hasselbeck and Flacco this week, I'm not sure about the wisdom of dealing both Ryan and Steven Jackson. But Stafford is an upgrade over Ryan, and Holmes presumably would be an upgrade over my rotating third WR spot, which has gone from Torrey Smith to Jerome Simpson with various stops in between. Also, with Murray starting right now, he can slide in to my flex spot pretty easily.

Thoughts?

No way I would do this trade. Jackson has been extremely good this season and Ryan has been fairly consistent.

While Stafford has been great when healthy, Holmes has been horribly inconsistent and while it would your 3rd WR spot, I don't think he's going to help you much.

I'd pass on this one.

Comment

Yeah, if McFadden was healthy, I'd consider the deal. Since he's not, I don't think that I'd deal S. Jackson. With Bradford coming back and the addition of Lloyd, Jackson should have more room to run. Continue to play the match-ups at QB.
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

heck no!

Holmes has been unstartable, and while Stafford is an upgrade on Ryan, it's not that much of one. SJax has been one of the few RB studs this season. Pass.

Comment

Another No vote

Comment

Working...
          X