OAKLAND 8 Denver
    TENNESSEE 3 Cincy
    ARIZONA 4 St. Louis
    NEW ENGLAND 8.5 Giants
    Green Bay 5.5 SAN DIEGO
    PITTSBURGH 3.5 Baltimore
    PHILLY 8 Chicago

YTD: 16-17-1

Denver +8. Of the four Oakland wins this year, only one was by 8 points or more. That being said, of the last 9 meetings between these teams, 6 have been deiced by more than 8 points. I'll roll the dice with the wildly inconsistent Broncos based on the the 8 points being a tad too much for Oakland.

Green Bay -5.5. Unless the Packers prove me wrong, I'll keep taking them at reasonable prices.

Jets +1.5. NYJ have won three of the last four in Buffalo, and me thinks they win a squeaker here.

TB +8. Either New Orleans wins this by 20 (or more) or this game is decided by less than 5 points.

Comment

I feel like the spread on the San Fran/Washington game should be an awful lot higher. The 49ers are legitimately good and the Redskins are legitimately not. Is Vegas still feeling out the Niners?

Comment

West Coast teams traveling to the East Coast traditionally don't do well, so that's probably a factor in the line.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

KANSAS CITY 4.5 Miami

I'll take the Chiefs at home in a low scoring game. I also picked up the defense for a bye week sub.

OAKLAND 8 Denver

Take the dog. Even with the bye week, Oakland still has QB issues and Denver has a respectable pass rush.

Green Bay -5.5. Unless the Packers prove me wrong, I'll keep taking them at reasonable prices.
          +1

ARIZONA 4 St. Louis

Winning streak for the Rams

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            West Coast teams traveling to the East Coast traditionally don't do well, so that's probably a factor in the line.
            I think that's a bit of an old wives' tale. West Coast teams haven't been very good for a while (and clearly haven't been as good as most East Coast teams of late), so it's easy to think that's true. I don't gamble, so I really don't care too much about the lines. But I'm definitely picking San Francisco to win pretty handily in my weekly pick-em.

Comment

6-6-1

Yikes, I like a lot of favs (and games) this week.

Atlanta -7
              NEW ORLEANS -8
              HOUSTON -11
              BUFFALO -1.5
              KANSAS CITY -4.5
              San Fran -3.5

TENNESSEE -3
              ARIZONA -4
              Giants +8.5
              SAN DIEGO +5.5
              PITTSBURGH -3.5

Chicago +8

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
                PHILLY 8 Chicago
                This will either come down to a field goal, or be a 20-point win for Philly. Depends on whether Forte tears it up. Eagles D-Line vs. Bears O-Line on passing downs is a terrible matchup for the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  This will either come down to a field goal, or be a 20-point win for Philly. Depends on whether Forte tears it up. Eagles D-Line vs. Bears O-Line on passing downs is a terrible matchup for the Bears.
                  Yep, Forte is going to have to have a big game. I expect the Bears def. to step it up as well.

Comment

I've been down on the Bolts all year, but even though Rivers fumbled away the game, their 2 drives in the 4th quarter tell me he's starting to get his rhythm back. This is a must win for the Chargers--I see them breaking out of their season long funk and stunning the Packers. San Diego by 10.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I took Indy to win in my wife's family's "pick the winners" pool. Gotta do something against the grain every week*. Indy's gotta win at some point and Atlanta is not a good road team.

* - Last week her uncle won because he picked the Rams over the Saints, and no one else did except her grandmother, whose picks are totally random.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                        and the Redskins are legitimately not

Comment

"I feel like the spread on the San Fran/Washington game should be an awful lot higher. The 49ers are legitimately good and the Redskins are legitimately not. Is Vegas still feeling out the Niners?"

Any team that can lose a game and still be in GREAT shape compared to expectations is not a hungry team, and the 49ers are the epitome of that. A loss leaves them 6-2 in a division where no one else may win 7 games all season.

The Redskins have a very good young (except for London Fletcher) defense, got humiliated last week, and need a win to keep their (ultimately doomed) season alive, with a home game.

The Giants got slapped around in Week 1 by the (healthy) Redskins, and the Redskins had to out-Cowboy choke the Cowboys to lose that game, and they still are 3-4. Odd franchise, as moonlightJ well knows - they beat the Packers and Bears last season, and I saw the end of that bizarre game vs defending champ Saints last year re an odd ref mistake to change the result.

I wouldn't bet on the Redskins this week, but I wouldn't bet against them, either...
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            "I feel like the spread on the San Fran/Washington game should be an awful lot higher. The 49ers are legitimately good and the Redskins are legitimately not. Is Vegas still feeling out the Niners?"

Any team that can lose a game and still be in GREAT shape compared to expectations is not a hungry team, and the 49ers are the epitome of that. A loss leaves them 6-2 in a division where no one else may win 7 games all season.

The Redskins have a very good young (except for London Fletcher) defense, got humiliated last week, and need a win to keep their (ultimately doomed) season alive, with a home game.

The Giants got slapped around in Week 1 by the (healthy) Redskins, and the Redskins had to out-Cowboy choke the Cowboys to lose that game, and they still are 3-4. Odd franchise, as moonlightJ well knows - they beat the Packers and Bears last season, and I saw the end of that bizarre game vs defending champ Saints last year re an odd ref mistake to change the result.

I wouldn't bet on the Redskins this week, but I wouldn't bet against them, either...
                            Being hungry doesn't make a team any less ****ty. And Harbaugh doesn't strike me as the type of guy to let up off the throttle.

Comment

No one is arguing with me about picking the Chefs and laying points. What is the world coming to?

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X