Week 7 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 7 musings...

What ever happened the the explosive San Diego offense ? Neither the offense or the defense is impressive thus far.

Miami, Indy or St. Louis...who is worse ? Arizona isn't far behind.

Nice the see a game actually live up to its billing: Seattle/Cleveland (stinker of the week).

Houston seems the winner of the AFC South, already.

So long Felix Jones. Good luck getting your job back now.

I'd love to see Peyton Manning in the MVP race and never play a game this year.

Vikes rookie QB Ponder, is light years better than McNabb.

TE Tony Gonzalez is 2nd all-time in receptions. 2nd ! I'm unsure what to make of that.

I'm gonna look back on this year and regret not seeing more of Cam Newton.

These overseas regular season games are dumb.

I have to say Matt Forte has bounced back nicely, I would have left him for dead a few years back.

Its official: the Lions bandwagon is beginning to empty.

Jimmy Graham may be the best tight end this season.

Good move by those who avoided RB Chris Johnson in their pre-season fantasy drafts.

KC hasn't had a road shutout since 1973.

I hate the hype given to Tim Tebow.

Seattle only the ball for 17 minutes on offense versus Seattle.

Seeing the Rangers players cheering for the Cowboys makes it that much harder to root for them.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Malcom Floyd makes circus catches but can never stay healthy.

Phillip Rivers looks to be regressing this year.

Yesterdays schedule was the worst I can remember.

If the Broncos want to see if Tebow can play, theyll need to open the playbook up a bit. He was painful to watch for 3+ quarters but man what a finish.

Drew Brees would be the runaway MVP if not for that guy in Green Bay.

James Starks has not taken the step forward I thought he would.

The air is coming out of the Oakland balloon awfully quick.

The Rams are falling apart. I thought McDaniels was going to make this an offensive goldmine?
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
        KC hasn't had a road shutout since 1973.

HADn't had one. Do now.

I hate the hype given to Tim Tebow.

Dont we all (sorry Mrs. Tebow).

Seattle only the ball for 17 minutes on offense versus Seattle.

Out of typos, truth.
        There are some good rosters with no wins. Is this really Suck for Luck year?

Dallas can too run the ball.

Houston has the most talent under 30 in the NFL.

Lacking an offseason really fouled some teams up. Fortunately the Chefs are starting to cook.

Matt Cassell was the third worst QB to take the field in Oakland. There was no best.

Yes, this means that Matt Cassell is better than Carson Palmer. For now at least.

Green Bay may be playing as well as any team I have ever seen. They should have three spots at the top.

The Colts are their mirror image.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

When will Carolina admit they goofed on DeAngelo Williams and just make Jonathan Stewart the lead back? Will they do it before Stewart enters his golden years?

It seems like this season has had far more one game high flyers that have crashed hard than any other season I can recall: Arrelious Benn, Dexter McCluster, Denarius Moore, Danario Alexander, Doug Baldwin, Devery Henderson, Nate Washington, Ryan Torain, Eric Decker, etc. The list goes on and on......

Washington's backfield situation is maddening for fantasy owners. Maybe Hightower's season-ending injury clears that up, but for some reason I doubt it. Remember when Washington used to have a reliable, steady RB1 every single year?

As bad as Indy is, Pierre Garcon seems to have finally supplanted Reggie Wayne as the Colts' #1 WR. I wonder if that keeps up next season.

Speaking of the Colts, how much would it suck for dynasty/keeper leagues if the Colts nabbed Andrew Luck and he sat for three years?

Injury or not, Rashard Mendenhall has to make everyone's lists of fantasy busts.

Is it safe to say Darrius Heyward-Bey is the real deal?

Aaron Rodgers worst passing game this season is 297 yards. FYI, he's on pace for 5,400 yards and 49 TDs.

Comment

It baffles me how the Vikings coaching staff refuses to give the ball to AP at the end of games. Refusal to do so probably has cost them 3 or 4 wins.

The Jets have the unique ability to look God awful one half, and like one of the best teams in another.

The 49ers can lose 5 straight and still win the division going away.

Maybe there is something with Tim Tebow and the Lord.

I still don't know how Matt Ryan came back in that game after seeing his ankle bend in ways that are not humanly possible.

For some reason it hit me how nice the Chief road uniforms look.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

Phillip Rivers looks to be regressing this year.

It's believed he's hiding an injury--Bruised sternum he injured in the NE game week 2.

He's just not the same right now, can't seem to make the throws he has in the past.

Looks fatigued down the stretch in almost every game.

Yesterday's loss was a lot about his inability to put the ball where it need to go. There were openings, he just missed them.

I'd sit him until he plays a complete game.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

This Packer team may be the football equivalent of the Jordan-era Bulls. Not will they make the Super Bowl, the only question is, who will they play.

Brian Billick did a heck of a good job explaining audibles, and the terminology during the Lions/Falcons game.

With all the Colts free agents after this season, at the top of the list should be Pierre Garcon. Robert Mathis and Reggie Wayne, not so much.

Only his 2nd year in the league and Lions lineman, Ndamukong Suh maybe the dirtiest player in the league. Taunting an injured Matt Ryan was classless. That being said, I'd take Suh on my team.

Miami seems the only true fit for Andrew Luck. With Bradford in St. Louis and Manning in Indy.

I would love to see owners demand a " diminished skills " clause in some players contracts.

I wonder how obscure Revis would be if he didn't play in New York ?

Comment

This Packer team may be the football equivalent of the Jordan-era Bulls. Not will they make the Super Bowl, the only question is, who will they play.

Brian Billick did a heck of a good job explaining audibles, and the terminology during the Lions/Falcons game.

With all the Colts free agents after this season, at the top of the list should be Pierre Garcon. Robert Mathis and Reggie Wayne, not so much.

Only his 2nd year in the league and Lions lineman, Ndamukong Suh maybe the dirtiest player in the league. Taunting an injured Matt Ryan was classless. That being said, I'd take Suh on my team.

Miami seems the only true fit for Andrew Luck. With Bradford in St. Louis and Manning in Indy.I would love to see owners demand a " diminished skills " clause in some players contracts.

It would be interesting to see if someone other than Miami gets the first pick, what would the trade haul be? Would you trade your entire draft or two or three years of first round picks for Luck? The bidding could make Indy or St Louis potentially relevant quite quickly...

Comment

Miami looked pretty intent on losing that game
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Answers to musings:

Tony Gonzalez is second in receptions because he's combines great hands with incredible athletic ability with brains. Oh, and one of the finest offseason regimens in all of sports.
                      Ponder is raw, raw, raw, but I agree he's light years ahead of McNabb.
                      Jimmy Graham may be the next great TE, period. Admittedly, he must avoid the nagging injuries that have dogged Gates in the last couple years, but wow...
                      It is almost scary to watch Green Bay and New Orleans offenses. So many weapons. Such great QBs. They're so good that I find myself asking when they have a drive stopped "Well, why didn't they score?"
                      Brian Billick has become one of my favorite announcers.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        The Rams are falling apart. I thought McDaniels was going to make this an offensive goldmine?
                        Says the Broncos fan.

See Flowers, Brandon

Indy is a perfect fit for Luck. He can apprentice for two years like Rodgers.

Miami and the Rams are the likely candidates. If the Rams have rights, would they trade them or Sam Bradford?
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

We also don't know if Manning's injury is career-threatening. If it turns out it is, they definitely take Luck if they have the chance to.

As for the Rams, Bradford has a huge contract that may be hard to move, so I suspect they would hang on to him and deal the pick.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                          X