PDA

View Full Version : Starting defense vs your QB -- yes or no?

Moonlight J
10-22-2011, 08:25 PM
I have to start Matt Ryan tomorrow with Eli on bye and I have the Lions D. I was outbid for the the Cowboys D so the next best option is going with the Falcons D.

umjewman
10-22-2011, 08:35 PM
I am starting both Ryan and the Detroit D.

Detroit could still have a good day betweem sacks and fumble recoveries, without ryan having a bad day. Given that your alternative, I would stick with ryan and the detroit d.

Hornsby
10-22-2011, 09:08 PM
I have to start Matt Ryan tomorrow with Eli on bye and I have the Lions D. I was outbid for the the Cowboys D so the next best option is going with the Falcons D.

Totally irrelevant what you do...the players are going to do what they do regardless. You could get 3 TD's out of Ryan, and a TD and 4 sacks out of your defense...it's simply not an either/or situation.

chancellor
10-22-2011, 09:41 PM
I am starting both Ryan and the Detroit D.

Detroit could still have a good day betweem sacks and fumble recoveries, without ryan having a bad day. Given that your alternative, I would stick with ryan and the detroit d.

Agree, and if the D's also count special teams points, if the Lions ST scores a punt return...

Trautdiggity
10-23-2011, 09:06 AM
What they all said

Gregg
10-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Agree. Just don't watch the game.

revo
10-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Totally irrelevant what you do...the players are going to do what they do regardless. You could get 3 TD's out of Ryan, and a TD and 4 sacks out of your defense...it's simply not an either/or situation.

Agreed. This is the "Mike Greenie" situation -- he's always grilled for not realizing that it really doesn't matter what he does, he has no control. You can root as hard as you want, it's not going to change anything.