Would you do this deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you do this deal?

Weird scoring system: 1 point per yard of any kind, 35 points for TD of any kind, 5 points per reception, 2 points per completion, -25 for turnover of any kind. QBs also get their completion percentage added to their score.

I have been offered:

D. Jackson (could be kept for 5th rounder in 2012)
    Starks (could be kept for 17th rounder)
    Kaepernick (could be kept for 22nd rounder)

for:

De. Williams (3rd in 2012)
    Tebow (22nd in 2012)
    Dem. Thomas (29th in 2012)

I am 5-1 and making a run this year. He has QB issues, I have RB issues with Hillis ailing and Williams inconsistent (my other main RB is Turner). We start QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-K-D. There is no waiver wire. My QB is Brees, I would have to play Kolb or Gabbert on his bye week.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Originally posted by Erik View Post
    Weird scoring system: 1 point per yard of any kind, 35 points for TD of any kind, 5 points per reception, 2 points per completion, -25 for turnover of any kind. QBs also get their completion percentage added to their score.

I have been offered:

D. Jackson (could be kept for 5th rounder in 2012)
    Starks (could be kept for 17th rounder)
    Kaepernick (could be kept for 22nd rounder)

for:

De. Williams (3rd in 2012)
    Tebow (22nd in 2012)
    Dem. Thomas (29th in 2012)

I am 5-1 and making a run this year. He has QB issues, I have RB issues with Hillis ailing and Williams inconsistent (my other main RB is Turner). We start QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-K-D. There is no waiver wire. My QB is Brees, I would have to play Kolb or Gabbert on his bye week.
    Struggling a little to digest the scoring, it's pretty strange but I'll take a crack. I feel like in this scoring system, Tebow is less valuable than in other leagues. For comparo sake, is Vick less valuable than in normal scoring leagues? I suggest this because turnovers count for a lot, big passers are gold since 1 passing yards is 1 point and 1 rushing yard is 1 point and his value in standard leagues is higher because he runs. Ok so that said, Tebow will be overrated. If you think I'm way off base please tell me so.

That said I think it's a good deal. I'm not huge on D Jax but the fact that he's not a big receptions guy stings less in this format since 5 yards scores the same as one reception (effectively like a standard 0.5 PPR). The only thing I'd try is to hold onto Thomas in the deal. He's done nothing yet but his upside is HUGE here and that's a great keeper value (unless you are overloaded on keepers). If you can't get him out of the deal I'd still do it though.

Sorry for the rambling, weird formats make my brain hurt

Comment

Yes, it's basically 0.5 PPR and TD = 3.5, but passing yards are the same as rush/rec yards so running QBs aren't as valuable as they are in standard formats. E.g. I would never play Tebow over Brees unless Brees was hurt or on bye.

Deal can't be done without Thomas, the guy is obsessed with him.

Other potential keepers for me (can keep up to 8, but only one can come from rounds 1-7 and you can't keep guys from the first round of the previous year):

Bowe -- 5th
      Hillis -- 6th
      Daniels -- 7th
      Helu -- 8th
      Burleson -- 12th
      Rudolph -- 15th
      LaFell -- 17th
      Morgan -- 19th
      Gabbert -- 20th
      T. Young -- 21st
      Barth -- 30th
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
      X