Trade offer involving A-Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade offer involving A-Rod

I'm an A-Rod owner open to trading him; two possible trades have opened up.

a) A-Rod for Zack Greinke and Desmond Jennings

b) A-Rod for Jose Bautista & Desmond Jennings

Neither are formal offers yet, just feeling things out. Jennings could be protected as a prospect for another year, not kept as a "full" keeper.

It's an 11 team 5x5 mixed, 22 man roster (1 catcher) with 7 keepers (no contracts).

Thoughts from the Pen?
    Last edited by amcg; 02-11-2011, 01:20 PM.

In an 11 team mixed, Jennings isnt a keeper. I would pass.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      In an 11 team mixed, Jennings isnt a keeper. I would pass.
      Sorry, should have qualified that. Jennings is keepable as a prospect. Will edit original post.

Comment

that makes the offer more interesting as I am still high on Jennings long term and down on A-Rod. Close.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          that makes the offer more interesting as I am still high on Jennings long term and down on A-Rod. Close.
          That's exactly where I am, and I'd rather trade him too soon than too late. However, I'm not huge on Bautista. If I could swing the Greinke deal, even though it's hitting for pitching I think I'd do it.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
            That's exactly where I am, and I'd rather trade him too soon than too late. However, I'm not huge on Bautista. If I could swing the Greinke deal, even though it's hitting for pitching I think I'd do it.
            How "not high" on Bautista can you be? Even if he would regress to half of last year to 27 hr. That is a good gamble. Jennings is young and "free." He is a good keeper and possible re-trade if needed. I think this is a pretty good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              How "not high" on Bautista can you be? Even if he would regress to half of last year to 27 hr. That is a good gamble. Jennings is young and "free." He is a good keeper and possible re-trade if needed. I think this is a pretty good deal.
              Yeah, I think Greinke could be more of a gamble than Bautista. I wouldn't jump on either deal, but I'd be more tempted by Bautista/Jennings, since Bautista is less of an injury risk than A-Rod and could easily finish ahead of him in every category except AVG, with the added 3B/OF flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I agree with this. Even if Bautista hits only 30 HRs thats pretty close to the output you can expect from A-rod. I would prefer Grienke in the deal but prolly would pull the trigger on both.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  Yeah, I think Greinke could be more of a gamble than Bautista. I wouldn't jump on either deal, but I'd be more tempted by Bautista/Jennings, since Bautista is less of an injury risk than A-Rod and could easily finish ahead of him in every category except AVG, with the added 3B/OF flexibility.
                  That 3B/OF flexibility can be a pretty big deal in keeper formats. I am a Bautista owner and OF could be pretty thin in our auction. I can take the best deal at either position. This is actually bigger this year than the last couple.

Comment

Interesting. I'm a big Greinke guy so maybe that's blurring my view of this.

A point was made on another forum (I know - who knew there were others? ) that this deal really depends on Jennings being a top-77 player in 2012-13 for this deal to work. It's a good point, too.

Comment

not necessarily. Just because you keep 7 players doesnt mean all your players on the top 77.

Comment

Take your point, but one should be in the ballpark at least.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
                          Interesting. I'm a big Greinke guy so maybe that's blurring my view of this.
                          I really like Greinke, but I'm still skeptical of dealing quality hitting for quality pitching in a shallow mixed league.

I would not do either, though both are credible offers, but it depends on your views on:

- ARod's decline in hitting value over the next year or two.
                          - How much of a fluke you believe Bautista's year to be.
                          - Whether Jennings is a good value after one bad year.

I happen to believe ARod's decline will not be great over the next year or two, and I'm very suspicious of Bautista delivering decent value.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                          X