Week 5 QB help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 5 QB help

Cassel against Colts, Harvard Graduate Ryan Fitzpatrick against the Eagles, or Kolb against the Vikings?

with the Iggles secondary likely all over Stevie Johnson, I'd go with Kolb. You can't really consider Cassel just yet.

Comment

If Alex Smith can throw for 291 yds and 2 TD's vs the Eagles in Philly, then I believe that Fitz can do it at home vs Philly.

I'd lean towards Fitz.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
        If Alex Smith can throw for 291 yds and 2 TD's vs the Eagles in Philly, then I believe that Fitz can do it at home vs Philly.

I'd lean towards Fitz.
        While I agree with the sentiment the Vikings aren't good against the pass and Kolb is pretty good in his own right. If it was a Fitz vs mediocre QB like Alex Smith question I'd go Fitz but in this case I'd go with the safer pick in Kolb.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
          While I agree with the sentiment the Vikings aren't good against the pass and Kolb is pretty good in his own right. If it was a Fitz vs mediocre QB like Alex Smith question I'd go Fitz but in this case I'd go with the safer pick in Kolb.
          Ok, just throwing out the consistency stuff.....Kolb is 2 for 4 in Quality Games while Fitzpatrick is 3 of 4.

So, I'm not sure why you think Kolb is safer?

Comment

I think Kolb has looked shaky at best and the Bills offense has looked very good. I would go with Fitzy.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              Ok, just throwing out the consistency stuff.....Kolb is 2 for 4 in Quality Games while Fitzpatrick is 3 of 4.

So, I'm not sure why you think Kolb is safer?
              If I had to guess, Fitz' three consistent games were New England, Oakland and Kansas City... all bottom half pass defenses. I will say this for Fitz, Philly has been good against the pass, but teams are throwing a lot less against them than other teams and they have given up a lot of TDs in the air. The problem is they are so bad against the run it just makes sense to let Fred Jackson control the game. It's a close call and you and Hammer both make some decent points I just see it as a matchup thing giving the slight edge to Kolb.

Comment

I see your point....however, Buffalo is a bottom 10 defense and I would expect the Eagles offense tp put up points early and often and turn this game into a shoot-out. Where the Minn/Ariz could be a real snoozer?

Hey, just my thoughts,

Gris

Comment

one other thing. Philly might be without Trent Cole, which is huge.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    one other thing. Philly might be without Trent Cole, which is huge.
                    Fair point, reports are they will be without Cole for three weeks.

Comment

sort of a similar question: Fitz or Stafford?

Comment

To the OP, I'd lean towards Fitz at this point. He is at home vs being on the road (Kolb), and the Eagles secondary has a QB rating against that is 10.0 points higher than Minnesota's. Part of the 274 total passing yards difference can be explained away by the Vikings defending 35 more passes than Philly. Plus, at this point, I just have a little more trust in Fitz being more consistent than Kolb.

To nots, I'd roll with Stafford and not even think twice about it. He's got Megatron, Pettigrew is becoming a weapon at TE, and Best is one of the top receiving RBs in the league. Plus there's Burleson and Young outside for Detroit. Chicago's pass defense is terrible, and I believe Stafford will have a field day on Monday night at home.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                          sort of a similar question: Fitz or Stafford?
                          There are VERY FEW QBs I'd ever start over Stafford at this point. Fitz isn't one of them. Go with Stafford

Comment

Agreed, I wouldn't even think about starting Stafford over Fitzy. Thanks for all the help everyone. I used to be pretty active on here (my post count didn't seem to migrate over), but I haven't played fantasy football in six years or so and appreciate the help. As I get back into it I'll be a bit more active in the advice giving portion of this forum

Comment

Working...
                            X