Week 4 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 musings...

While still early but at 3-1, wouldn't it be crazy if Washington won the NFC East.

The more I see the Eagles, the more this team was vastly overrated in the pre-season. With a mediocre line and average linebackers, this team is no-where near the Super Bowl team many predicted in the pre-season.

Why is it that, it seems easier for teams to go west and play, as opposed to west coast teams coming east ?

What a horror show for Dallas and Romo.

The Rams are a mess. QB Sam Bradford is regressing, the O-line is a trainwreck, the offense is non-existent, the wideouts are MIA, and with the next three games (after the upcoming bye week) being at Green Bay, at Dallas and at home to New Orleans, 0 and 7 is looking like a real possibility.

Speaking of trainwreck O-lines, I'm not sure Ben Roethlisberger lasts the season with his O-line.

Having QB Andy Dalton start the season was a rare, good move by the Bengals.

The refs completely blew the Victor Cruz catch/fumble at the end of the Giants/Cards game, costing the Cards the game. Anyone who doesn't think so is either blind or a total Giants homer.

After seeing QB Tavaris Jackson looking almost like a real NFL QB, it makes you wonder about the Atlanta defense.

What was RB Ronnie Brown thinking with that goal-line " toss " ?

Minnesota :bag:

Donovan McNabb's play this year is having Viking fans long for the less woeful play of Favre a season ago.

As much as I like QB Jason Campbell, that end-zone INT he threw made me shake my head.

Niners QB Alex Smith may have played the best game of his career versus the Eagles.

61 attempts by Colt McCoy, in the process breaking two Browns passing records (attempts with 61, and completions with 40- five shy of the league record).

I love that the Jacksonville grounds crew painted the directional arrows on the number markers on the field, in the wrong direction.

Front-runners thus far for the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes: Miami (0-4), Minnesota (0-4), St. Louis (0-4), Indianapolis (0-3), Jacksonville (1-3), Arizona (1-3), Denver (1-3), Kansas City (1-3), Seattle (1-3), Carolina (1-3), and, shockingly (so far), Philadelphia (1-3). I'm personally rooting for the Dolphins, but the field is obviously still wide open.

I saw Hornsby mention it in the game thread, and it bears a re-mention: Mark Ingram owners are in for a very long year. He doesn't get any touches near the goal line, and the Saints don't use him enough in the running game for him to have big yardage games. And he's also not looking that great, too. All those who had Daniel Thomas over Mark Ingram in the pre-season, raise your hand.

Arian Foster came back with a vengeance yesterday. After the Texans released Slaton and Tate went down with an injury, Foster, who was still trying to come back from his own hamstring issues, took over the game in the backfield. As a Foster owner, it was great to see him handle the ball that many times and do well in the process. Here's hoping he stays healthy for the rest of the year so we can all go back to enjoying watching the guy be a badass.

Comment

The Steelers are in trouble. Suddenly their run defense is porous and their offensive line woes are finally taking their toll on Big Ben.

I know Arian Foster is a good back and made a lot of plays yesterday but there were many times that he wasn't touched for 4-5 yards.

Comment

Brandon Marshall leads the NFL with 6 drops, including a beautifully thrown bomb for a TD yesterday.

Bears put up 34 points with Cutler only throwing for 102 yards.

Sanchez and Flacco set the NFL passing games back 25 years last night.

The Steelers got old really quick.

Aaron Rodgers is better than Favre ever was.

Way to get Tebow involved yesterday, Foxy.

Oh yeah, Ortons numbers may look passable but he continually short armed throws and his interceptions were brutal.

I dont know how anyone didnt see that Ingram wasnt going to do big things. Thomas is a good back and Sproles is terrific. Plus this is a pass first offense.

Props to the Titans. Fisher leaves and they import hasselbeck and are 3-1.

Jags defense didnt show it yesterday but it is underrated.

Patriots are a gimmicky team that wont go far without a defense or a #1 RB.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          I dont know how anyone didnt see that Ingram wasnt going to do big things. Thomas is a good back and Sproles is terrific. Plus this is a pass first offense.
          I certainly wasn't expecting big things, but as a lead back in an explosive offense, I don't think dreaming on 6-10 points weekly was too folly. I only own him in one league, so I'm not upset or anything, but in most threads concerning Ingram (on various boards), most people posting seem to think he's a gigantic disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Brandon Marshall leads the NFL with 6 drops, including a beautifully thrown bomb for a TD yesterday.
            Correction: Brandon Marshall's second personality leads the NFL with 6 drops. Brandon Marshall's first personality is actually doing quite well.

Comment

Cam Newton to Steve Smith is becoming deadly.

Wes Welker is on pace for almost 140 grabs this season, which is probably more than the rest of their WRs will get collectively.

Stevan Ridley had a breakout game, but BJGE looked good. I see a change being made to Ridley as the main rusher with BJGE as the short yardage back.

Andre Johnson's injury looked gruesome, like he got shot in the leg. It was miraculous he was walking, unaided, on the sidelines.

I heard David Clowney was tweeting the Jets' plays before they were being run. Since he hasn't been a Jet for 3 years, are they that predictable?

AJ Green and Julio Jones are going against that whole "WRs need two to three years" before they make an impact thing.

What's most impressive about Detroit is their come-from-behind ability. They are for real, and once Nick Fairley gets up to speed, could be extremely dangerous.

Aaron Rodgers is making a mockery of the league. His 125 QB % is unbelievable.

Speaking of high QB%, how's about Eli Manning checking in 3rd at 105.6? And only Sam Bradford and Rodgers have as few INTs in as many passes as Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
                Why is it that, it seems easier for teams to go west and play, as opposed to west coast teams coming east ?
                Much harder for mind/body to make up for lost hours than to gain hours...only 3 but still a lot.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

For the first time in memory, Detroit has a good coaching staff.

Minnesota is the biggest gap between paper and performance, but they have competition. Philly, Pittsburgh and Miami are right with them.

There is no way the Rams should be this bad.

The Chefs are finally playing like what they are--a near .500 team.

Seattle really is this bad.

Dont look now, but Green Bay and Detroit are the only unbeatens left.

The 2011 draft is the first I can recall that has outperformed expectations at QB.

Robert Griffin III will be a household name and top 5 selection. In 15 years he will be a top agent, and wealthier than several owners.

Anyone that thinks Cam Newton and Steve Smith are becoming deadly did not check the first two games.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Rex Ryan said today "Ground & Pound is back" but don't you need someone to be able to pound to actually gain some ground?

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      For the first time in memory, Detroit has a good coaching staff.

Minnesota is the biggest gap between paper and performance, but they have competition. Philly, Pittsburgh and Miami are right with them.

There is no way the Rams should be this bad.

The Chefs are finally playing like what they are--a near .500 team.

Seattle really is this bad.

Dont look now, but Green Bay and Detroit are the only unbeatens left.

The 2011 draft is the first I can recall that has outperformed expectations at QB.

Robert Griffin III will be a household name and top 5 selection. In 15 years he will be a top agent, and wealthier than several owners.

Anyone that thinks Cam Newton and Steve Smith are becoming deadly did not check the first two games.

J
                      Smith took two giant hits in the Bears game and he didn't even blink. As he gets older he is turning into steel.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I heard David Clowney was tweeting the Jets' plays before they were being run. Since he hasn't been a Jet for 3 years, are they that predictable?
                        In the dictionary under "predictable", there's a picture of Brian Schottenheimer.

Actually, true funny story yesterday. We were driving back from NH and somewhere in southern Mass, we got the Giants game in. It was early on and the Giants were backed up deep in their end for a 3rd and long. I turned to my buddy and said, "Draw play, Bradshaw." He's a long-time Giants fan and said, "Who do you think they are, the Jets?" I said, "You're right. Screen pass, Bradshaw."

They threw the screen to Bradshaw and we both busted out laughing, waking the 3rd guy asleep in the back in the process (Eagles fan). It was then that we told him that the Eagles had lost. He had to look it up on his phone because he thought we were screwing with him.

Good times.
                        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Rex Ryan said today "Ground & Pound is back" but don't you need someone to be able to pound to actually gain some ground?
                          Its a brilliant plan to employ this week vs the Pats who have the 32nd ranked pass defense. Go for it Rex!

Comment

The bigger problem is the o line has sucked badly and the return of Mangold isnt enough.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Smith took two giant hits in the Bears game and he didn't even blink. As he gets older he is turning into steel.
                              I mentioned Robert Griffin III. His principle WR is a Steve Smith play alike named Kendal Wright. It is something every young QB should have.

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                              In the dictionary under "predictable", there's a picture of Brian Schottenheimer.
                              That is actually a much younger Marty.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X