Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie?

Far be it from me to gripe, but...

I was a lurker here for well over a year before I joined, and that was right at ten years ago, in the Age of Ric. You can call me a lot of derogatory names, but "newbie" isn't one of them. Apparently we are ranking people by number of posts. I have to question any practice which would have labeled ST a baseball savant.

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
    Far be it from me to gripe, but...

I was a lurker here for well over a year before I joined, and that was right at ten years ago, in the Age of Ric. You can call me a lot of derogatory names, but "newbie" isn't one of them. Apparently we are ranking people by number of posts. I have to question any practice which would have labeled ST a baseball savant.
    Hey, I'm a newbie too!
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Who called you a newbie?

*takesoutahurlfrombehindthebar*

Comment

Don't think we can change the designation above our avatar like on the old site. When you get a certain number of posts, you go to "on the 40-man roster" to "on the 25-man roster" and presumably to "starter", "All-Star", etc.
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
          Don't think we can change the designation above our avatar like on the old site. When you get a certain number of posts, you go to "on the 40-man roster" to "on the 25-man roster" and presumably to "starter", "All-Star", etc.
          Then Newbie should be Rookie or Single A or Draft Pick or whatever. Just sayin'...
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
            Then Newbie should be Rookie or Single A or Draft Pick or whatever. Just sayin'...
            Excellent idea. Draft pick, short-season league, low A, A, High A, AA, AAA, 40-man, Rookie, 25-man, starter, all-star, fading veteran, retired, hall of famer

Comment

Well, you could be petty like TopChuckie and put your original join date in your signature.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I don't see what the problem is

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                  I don't see what the problem is
                  Jason always did like you best.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Well, you could be petty like TopChuckie and put your original join date in your signature.
                    I'll be petty however I want to be petty.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                      Excellent idea. Draft pick, short-season league, low A, A, High A, AA, AAA, 40-man, Rookie, 25-man, starter, all-star, fading veteran, retired, hall of famer
                      not sure if "fading veteran" would be better than "all-star" lol. Might just want to skip from All-Star to Hall of Famer

Comment

I probably should be set to AAAA player.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          I probably should be set to AAAA player.
                          Anteaters And Alcoholic's Anonymous?

Comment

I thought they were going to go in and adjust our post totals to reflect what they were on the old site, which would then adjust our label. Did this change?
                            -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
                              I thought they were going to go in and adjust our post totals to reflect what they were on the old site, which would then adjust our label. Did this change?
                              Jason has been doing it as he has time.

Comment

Working...
                              X