No announcement yet.

Pick up Jesse Holley/Anthony Armstrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick up Jesse Holley/Anthony Armstrong?

This could turn out to be an ugly situation for my team.

12-team, 1 PPR, start 2 RB, 3 WR, no Flex

QB: Brees, Freeman
    RB: Chris Johnson, Gore, Tolbert, Spiller (BUF), Delone Carter (Indy)
    WR: Dez, Steve Smith (CAR), Manningham, Branch, David Nelson (BUF), Davone Bess (MIA)

Manningham got a concussion last week and I don't think he's going to play. Dez hasn't practiced all week and while I think the Cowboys might force him to go at less than 100%, I'm not sure.

The problem is that Dez is playing on Monday night, so if I start him and he's out, I can only replace him with someone else playing Monday night. Both Holley and Armstrong are on the FA list. I won't be able to pick them up Monday, I'd have to do it before games start on Sunday.

I am not in love with Delone Carter so he's probably the guy I'd drop, but that would leave me a little short on RB depth for a week until Dez gets things sorted out.

Or I could just start Smith/Branch/Nelson and sit Dez preemptively. And/or I could just drop Carter to pick up Javon Ringer as a Johnson handcuff.

Armstrong can't catch a cold

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Armstrong can't catch a cold
      Agreed... as for Holley, sun shine's on a dog's @ss... it was very sunny last week

I don't think there's a chance Manningham plays, hasn't practiced yet... not a good sign.

Smith and Branch are great starts this week. I wouldn't sweat the third spot nearly so much. I happen to love Carter and yes, you need to keep that depth. If it's PPR I would start Bess, non-PPR I'd start Nelson. And don't beat yourself up if Dez plays, that's the problem with MNF... I had to sit Nicks last week for the same reason.

Comment

I wouldn't drop Carter for either of those two.

Comment

Agree. Just start Smith/Branch/Nelson and wait for Dez to get well. You have good options at WR
          I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Working...
          X