Guess who this Pitcher is???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess who this Pitcher is???

Here are the last two years first & second have splits for a certain starting pitcher.

2009 1st: W - 6, IP - 103.3, K/9 - 7.92, K/BB - 2.76, BAA - .268
    2009 2nd: W - 6, IP - 92, K/9 - 7.04, K/BB - 2.77, BAA - .255

2010 1st: W - 3, IP - 80, K/9 - 5.74, K/BB - 2.83, BAA - .307
    2010 2nd: W - 6, IP - 95.6, K/9 - 7.81, K/BB - 3.32, BAA - .277

The only half that stands out from the others is 2010 first half. This pitcher had off season surgery prior to the 2010 season which had a lingering effect apparently throughout the first half of 2010.

Seems to me he has established the ability to have a solid if unspectacular +7 k-rate, and a good +2.7 K/BB rate.

Is it just me or doesn't this sound like a pretty solid pitcher?

Add to these numbers that he plays his home games in a very hitter friendly park (and has for the last 2 seasons.)

So can anyone guess who it is?

And even before we do figure that out, what say you penners about these snap shots at this pitchers perepherals?
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Just a quick guess....is it Wandy Rodriguez?

Comment

Originally posted by GladHeAteHer View Post
      Just a quick guess....is it Wandy Rodriguez?
      Nope decent guess though he had the bad first half last year lol.
      Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Joe Blanton? If that is who it is, I think he could be a small bounce back candidate, and a tad undervalued based on last year. I had him last year and soured on him during, but he is a servicable pitcher as long as you don't expect too much.

Comment

If it is Blanton, I'll add that if you put any stock into every other year guys, Blanton may be one. His overall numbers were down last year, so he may be due for a bounce back.

Comment

It is Blanton, and I don't see it as an every other year thing. He had a rough time coming back from surgery but his second half was in line with his very solid 2009. to me the outlier was the first half of 2010, and I believe there was a very simple explanation.

Comment

I don't put much stock in these things myself, but despite a good win-loss record, he was bad in 06, was a lot better in 07, was bad again in 08, was good again in 09, and, overall, had a poor 2010. I'm not saying there wasn't a good reason for his early struggles in 2010, but it isn't like that is an isolated outlier in his career either. He's had off and on again struggles, much of which, some suggest, is tied to his conditioning. Maybe every time he has a bad year, he gets motivated to get back in shape and bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                was bad again in 08
                He was bad IN OAKLAND in '08, but pretty good after the trade to the Phils.

He's a heavy flyball pitcher, so that sometimes makes his numbers look worse than they should be. Perhaps HR/FB rates explain the zigzagging.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                X