Week 2 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 musings...

Buffalo at 2-0. But expect that to come to an end next week when they play New England, who has beaten them 20 of the last 21 games.

Oakland is better than their 0-2 start.

Nice to see Tony Romo come back and play that 2nd half with injured ribs.

All four West Coast teams that played on the East Coast lost.

Jamaal Charles is done for the year as are KC. They had 14 turnovers all last season, they have 9 already.

With Vick injured (sort of), it will be interesting to see how the back-up QB situation in Philly plays out, Vince Young or Mike Kafka.

If you are Pittsburgh, you might as well put a " 2 " in the win column already since you play Indy next week.

Minnesota has been outscored 41-3 in the 2nd half this season.

As " money " as Tom Brady is, Matt Ryan is fast becoming the same at home. He is 21-3.

Not scoring inside the 20 repeatedly killed San Diego. As was Antonio Gates not catching a pass.

Arian Foster. Ya, he is a top-3-5 pick in fantasy football. How's that turning out thus far ? Chris Johnson averaging 38 yards per game isn't too far behind.

Jacksonville QB, Luke McCown and his 1.8 QB rating. :bag:

So much for Reggie Bush's expanded role in the Dolphins offense.

The longer Indy goes without Peyton Manning, it makes you appreciate how valuable he is to that team.

Who would have guessed that the big winner in the Mayweather/Ortiz fight over the weekend, would be commentator Larry Merchant ?

ummmm Oakland is 1-1 so I agree with you there
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

How bad of a lose was it for the Ravens. That's why the play the games.

The Vikings looked horrible in the second half. Hopefully, Leslie Frazier learned more about second half adjustments from Tony Dungy than Brad Childress, or his head coaching tenure will be very short.

Josh Freeman is better than he looks.

Cam Newton, lots of yards thrown, but bad decisions late in the game cost his team.

Nice win for Coach Kill and the U of Minnesota after a scary seizure the week before.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

I think Kafka goes if Vick can't. He knows the offense much, much better than Young (who has injury issues of his own), and looked poised in the preseason and last night. He was 7 of 9 and his two incompletions were a drop and a Hail Mary. Andy Reid is having a press conference in a few minutes but I don't expect him to shed much light on things.

The Panthers are paying DeAngelo Williams $43 million to do not much of anything. I don't get it.

It seemed like there were more Cowboys fans than 49er fans in Candlestick. Disgraceful.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I'm not quite sure what to make of Reggie Bush's absence from the Dolphins' gameplan in Week 2. He seemed so integral to their attack in the first week, but he disappeared yesterday. And Daniel Thomas had a decent game as more of a classic running back option for the Phins. Still, it's odd, given the comments from Miami, that Bush would've been tossed aside so soon. I have to wonder if there was an injury there already.

Arian Foster owners are in for a long year, I think (and I'm one of them). Tate has looked great in his absence, and that hamstring issue is now very likely to linger for a while. Foster had an amazing year last season, but if Tate dominates for the next three or four weeks while Foster is on the shelf, is it blasphemous to suggest there may be a committee in store? Crazy.

Comment

Denarius Moore played like he did in training camp. The next Marques Colston?

Methinks the decision to scrub Garrard in favor of a useless McCown and unproven Gabbert will cost Del Rio his job.

OTOH, David Garrard is still unemployed.....

I think the Two Athletic-Receiver TE set is another of those revolutionary offensive maneuvers we've seen in recent years that will take the rest of the NFL by storm, kind of like the Wildcat and RBBC.

The Pats are great at making revolutionary changes: the effective use of the slot receiver and now the 2 TEs. Remember they drafted Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen in back to back rounds, so what's next? A four RB attack?

Beanie Wells is finally playing like the Cards thought he would.

Tom Brady has over 900 yards passing, and OchoStinko has just 30 of them.

Who else got killed by Brandon Lloyd's late scratch?

Kerry Collins should have stayed retired.

Rex Grossman to Fred Davis is becoming a nice combo.

Kenny Britt is making us all forget the litany of charges against him.

Comment

Methinks the decision to scrub Garrard in favor of a useless McCown and unproven Gabbert will cost Del Rio his job.
              I don't think it was entirely Del Rio's decision, and I won't make any predictions about his departure because he should have been booted long ago. The Jacksonville FO makes no sense to me.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

James Starks... its time to believe

Comment

Originally posted by [echo] View Post
                  James Starks... its time to believe
                  Good call. He has burst that Grant just doesn't have right now. And he's a much better receiver.

Loss of Collins is going to bite on D, though.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                  X