survivor pool - 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• survivor pool - 2011

I am in a survivor pool which had over 1,300 entries last season ($100 to the prize, $15 to the admin...add it up that is $130,000 to be won). Year after year, multiple entrants finish the 17 week schedule and split the pool.

But not last year.

Week 16 and 6 people left...5 take dallas and get bounced.

One guy picks up the bag of $20 bills totalling $130,000!!

This year there is over 1,600 entered. Man I hope its me receving the bag !!

(arizona in week 1)

$20k to someone hosting it on a website? I want that gig!

Comment

Only 4 of us took Texans in Week 1. I think we have a chance to take this one.

Busy day, will do some catch-up tonight...
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        $20k to someone hosting it on a website? I want that gig!
        No internet pool here (though everything is done via the internet except pay/collect), this thing is about 15 years old or more. And yeah, $15 * 1,600 = $24000

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
          No internet pool here (though everything is done via the internet except pay/collect), this thing is about 15 years old or more. And yeah, $15 * 1,600 = $24000
          That makes it an internet pool! $20k for that?? Yikes.

Comment

That's a Boss Tweed kind of job if there ever was one. Such a fee was justified when the picks had to be tracked by hand. In this day and age, it's ridiculous.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              That's a Boss Tweed kind of job if there ever was one. Such a fee was justified when the picks had to be tracked by hand. In this day and age, it's ridiculous.
              I honestly do not mind the admin because the pool has been around close to 20 years and the winner(s) have been paid every single year. I suppose there is a peace of mind comfort knowing they are leaving with a $100,000 or more...

Comment

Working...
              X