• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official Week One Discussion Thread*

are you ready for some futbol?

the Pack made that look easy.

Comment

So much for that revamped Saints D.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Aaron and Drew FFL owners will be berry, berry happy tonight, I expect.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

fantasy football upgrade of the day: Darren Sproles.

We now see the Saints will use him as they did Reggie Bush -- except Sproles may be far more dangerous than Bush. He may be good for 10-12 touches per game, most of those receptions.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

We now see the Saints will use him as they did Reggie Bush -- except Sproles may be far more dangerous than Bush. He may be good for 10-12 touches per game, most of those receptions.
            Plus punt returns. Also for now they have 3 RBs, so Ingram may not be to great to start the season.

Comment

what an unbelievable return by Randall Cobb. Another great find for GB.

Comment

Some seriously questionable play-calliing by Payton to end the game. Good game to kick off the season though.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Not on my sheet. I was ticked that I did not manage to get him this year. I have similar hopes from Dexter McCluster.

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                  Plus punt returns. Also for now they have 3 RBs, so Ingram may not be to great to start the season.
                  I have faith that Sir Dinged a'Lot will go down.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    So much for that revamped Saints D.
                    Pack defense wasn't all that impressive either...
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Only one problem.......can we please get rid of the singing acts on opening day. I wanted to see football and not Kid Rock.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

For Colston owners like myself, he appeared to injure his shoulder on the last drive.

Comment

Seems to me, the NFL needs to talk with the ref's about throwing a flag for unsportsman's like conducting for punching someone and then not following with what is suppose to happen and ejecting the player. Woodson should have kicked out of the game last night. IMO, if the ref's aren't going to do it, the league office should sit him for the next game.

Great game for an opener. What looked like it was going to be a laugher turned into a great game.
                          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

what an unbelievable return by Randall Cobb. Another great find for GB.
                            I wondered last night why the Packers resigned James Jones. I know he was hobbled this week but he was nonexistent (he had one catch for one yard). He's clearly behind Jennings, Driver and Nelson on the depth chart, behind Finley in Rodgers' pecking order and frankly if the flashes Cobb showed last night are any indication, he will be even further buried.

Comment

according to Adam Shefter, Arian Foster is unlikely to play today.

Comment

Working...
                              X